Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335180 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  KH3 full trailer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: KH3 full trailer  (Read 3504 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2007, 11:56:16 PM »

Hopefully I didn't miss this post from before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GCkkL9-Yo4

The 1 minute preview trailer we got for the next KH title was expanded in the Japanese release of "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +" ... now it's 5 minutes, it reveals all sorts of characters, including what seem to be archetype versions of Sora/Kairi/Riku.

And, as is to be expected, it looks effin' rad. (though Mickey def. feels out of place with the more futuristic/lifelike atmosphere).

I hadn't even realized they updated the trailer until I read (in our own news story) that S-E was showing the 5 minute trailer @ the event, and the trailer was based on the bonus video from the game.

Thoughts, anyone, everyone? IMO, this video is sweet as hell. Nothing in-game of course, but this is hot. And the music is hot.

Hothothot.

Ramza

Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:49:10 AM »

Yeah, I saw this a couple of weeks ago. I never knew that Final Mix + had an extended "Birth by Sleep" vid, but should've expected it, really! As you said, Ramza, sweet as.

Watching it through a second time, the kid wielding the Kingdom Keyblade is Roxas. I think the guy who holds him after he gets frozen is Riku (after a severe hair cut) due to the fact he is wielding the 'Way to Dawn' keyblade. Dunno about the rest, I'm guessing we're gonna just have to wait until the game's out to find out who they are!

It's odd that King Mickey is now carrying the 'Shooting Star' blade, rather than his Kingdom Key from the realm of darkness...

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:19:02 AM »

NOW I'm interested in KH. This looks awesome.

"Oh, a hunter..."
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:20:38 AM »

Eh.  Having just finished playing through Kingdom Hearts 2 yesterday, I can say that I had the most enjoyment with that game when the Final Fantasy rejects in black were kept to a minimum.  As such, a trailer full of Final Fantasy rejects in tin doesn't exactly draw me in.  It does look nice, though. :P

Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 11:28:29 AM »

Seems kind of heavy handed for a game featuring disney characters. Hope the game doesn't suck as much as KH2 though.
Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »

Meh, I hate all three of the Kingdom Hearts games, so unless that make huge changes to KH3, I'll probably stay completely uninterested.

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Currenty Playing (PC) - Nothing...Ever
Aelph

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 04:56:54 PM »

Quote from: "Lucid"
Seems kind of heavy handed for a game featuring disney characters.

That's what I was thinking the whole time I was watching it. "Wait... this is Kingdom Hearts??? Seriously?" And I laughed when Mickey showed up.

But I do like KH. So I'm hoping for the best here.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 05:06:14 PM »

Wow. This is f.'ing metal. KH is going to start getting a "T" rating, now.

I hated the original KH. KH2 was awesome, if only for Twilight Town, and the more complex character developments, relationships, and plot twists. But KH3 should be awexome, if they're not re-hashing the same Disney worlds for a third time, and actually putting in all-original content.

They need to give the Disney characters more sprucing for KH, make them look more demi-human than fiber-glass animatronic marionette.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »

Dang, the style does not seem like Kingdom Hearts at all, but in that case, it might be a good thing for me. I had fun with the other games, but didn't think tehy were awesome. I found a lot of disney worlds to be mostly filler and meh. That is part of the game's charm, but felt it was a bit overdone. More focus on the main plotline with a more interesting battle system would do it for me.

I am certainly impressed by the trailer and the music, but felt the coolness factor died down with Mickey's appearence :p

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »

When that trailer first came out I read on the GameFAQs message boards that a Chaser is someone that makes keys. I loved KH 1 and 2 so I'm greatly anticipating any new info.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 09:49:16 PM »

While watching this, it made me feel as if the first two Kingdom Hearts games [I & 2 to clarify] were 80% Disney, 20% Final Fantasy.  This looks like a complete reversal, 80% Final Fantasy, 20% Disney.

It could be awesome, but I won't get my hopes up until I see some battle action.

Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 10:16:45 PM »

None of the characters in the trailer are any of KH1's or KH2's characters.

They are all new, and the guy with the Kingdom Keyblade is NOT Roxas.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 06:34:09 AM »

Quote from: "Sapphire_Fate"
None of the characters in the trailer are any of KH1's or KH2's characters.

They are all new, and the guy with the Kingdom Keyblade is NOT Roxas.

Yeah, not Roxas or Sora. We get that.

Apparently you missed what I said in the first post when I said they are *archetype versions* of the characters. It's plain as day that this is a prequel story, and that the characters we see are some sort of archetypal pre-existing figures that exist for some reason or other. It's like Shuyin --> Tidus, for anyone who played X-2 and bothered to grasp/enjoy the plot.

Ramza

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:05 AM »

I dunno, the developers had this whole setup for KH2 and it had real potential and sounded promising, but KH2's story was a mishmash of bullshit that just came off as poorly cobbled together; I'm not holding out much hope for the story this time around, just improved gameplay.

Make it harder this time, S-E! I got through brave mode in KH2 with one hand tied behind my back.

alonso

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »

looks prety cool. Well i didn't try the first 2 yet. the disney chars made it look to me a little, well you know ^^. But i gues i try them out, just bought KH 1 and 2 in a pac for 30 bucks.

What other rpgs compare to them ?

Recently finished: Rogue Galaxy, Grandia 2, Mass Effect

Currently playing: LO, BD, P3, FF7CC
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: