Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334453 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Etrian Odyssey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey  (Read 16358 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 03:26:21 AM »

Eusis: That I guess was sort of bating. There were two possibilities: Assuming the poster actually was just some random guy, he was either complaining about some game he hadn't played, or he had already bought it. Thus, two possible repsonses: Don't knock it till you've tried it, or read reviews next time.

If I just jumped to conclusions and it was just some random guy, I could've been wrong and made an even bigger ass of myself.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 06:13:54 AM »

This game is worse than Izuna, and that's fucking saying something.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2007, 07:51:54 AM »

You know, it's fine if you don't like the game. But why waste space in here saying it? It's already been known that this type of game only appeals to a small fan base.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »

Is Izuna another mysterious dungeon game? It sure as hell looks like it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »

Dungeon level 2 is the make or break point. If you didn't like level 2, level 3 and onward are only worse and much more of a grind with even less events. I said it earlier: this game is a horrible, endless grind. You really have to be into the character customization for it to be anywhere near satisfying.

Regardless, I love it. I'm at the end of level 5 right now.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"
You know, it's fine if you don't like the game. But why waste space in here saying it? It's already been known that this type of game only appeals to a small fan base.

Because it's a discussion thread genius, not a "fellate the gods who blessed us with this magnificent product" thread.  That means positive and negative.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"

Because it's a discussion thread genius, not a "fellate the gods who blessed us with this magnificent product" thread.  That means positive and negative.

Oh, in that case, I'm going to go in every game thread of games I don't like and say "HEY EVERYONE I THINK THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS. I FEEL LIKE YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW THAT!"

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »

Good, it'll help liven things up around here.

Seriously, just saying 'This is pretty totally awesome. ^^;;;;;;;;;' all the time is boring. Though, I do like to hear reasons, but I know Ash's and John kinda just explained his. Plus what about those who're on the fence but haven't looked at/don't care for reviews and would rather hear what people they know say? I certainly don't want to hear only the positive and get misguided and pick up something I'd actually hate.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 05:18:56 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Good, it'll help liven things up around here.

Seriously, just saying 'This is pretty totally awesome. ^^;;;;;;;;;' all the time is boring. Though, I do like to hear reasons, but I know Ash's and John kinda just explained his. Plus what about those who're on the fence but haven't looked at/don't care for reviews and would rather hear what people they know say? I certainly don't want to hear only the positive and get misguided and pick up something I'd actually hate.

I mean, I didn't say everyone that posts in here should praise the game. I just thought coming in here and saying "This game fucking sucks worse than Izuna" was a pretty pointless comment. He could atleast expand on why he felt that way.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:20 PM »

So, what parties are you guys using?

I started out with a team of: Landsnecht,Protector, AlchemistX2 and a Medic. This got me by the first floor very easily, and most of the second.

Then I switched out the two Achemists for two Survivalists so I could make some cash at the Item Points on the first floor.

I plan on leveling up my Dark Hunter and Troubador next.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 11:45:42 PM »

Then I switched out the two Achemists for two Survivalists so I could make some cash at the Item Points on the first floor.

I plan on leveling up my Dark Hunter and Troubador next.

Protector, dark Hunter, survivalist, troubador, and alchemist. A relatively standard party. No medic because I wanted to be different. My survivalist is leveling up mostly ambush skill. I hardly ever get an encounter I don't have initiative on.

I'm a little sad I didn't go with my first impulse of 5 alchemists. Just to be cool.

Are you really leveling up more characters than you can fit in your party? Sheesh. I'm having a hell of a time keeping the characters I'm using up to snuff.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 06:28:16 AM »

This game fucking sucks worse than Izuna.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 08:47:58 AM »

Quote from: "Willy Elektrix"
Are you really leveling up more characters than you can fit in your party? Sheesh. I'm having a hell of a time keeping the characters I'm using up to snuff.

Yeah. That way I can switch characters out for different situations and have them be on a decent level.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2007, 06:14:10 PM »

Yeah. That way I can switch characters out for different situations and have them be on a decent level.

I suppose that's one way to look at it. Personally, I get lots of pleasure out of having a highly specialized and difficult to use party that can be super powerful or totally awful depending on the situation. Different play styles I guess.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2007, 09:10:03 AM »

I suppose that's one way to look at it. Personally, I get lots of pleasure out of having a highly specialized and difficult to use party that can be super powerful or totally awful depending on the situation. Different play styles I guess.

With the amount of people you can have in your guild, and the many different party combinations. There's no reason not to try out different parties as you go along.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: