Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318861 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 50161 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 08:18:33 AM »

Quote from: "arizlaan"
for me i don't think ffXII is going to be good .the game may look good for some of you ......Square Enix's sucks they do not make good games any more..........so i am not looking forward to it

Hey guys! Look, it's someone going AGAINST THE SYSTEM HOLY SHIT, they're fucking extreme because they don't like something everyone else does, and that makes them so much cooler! FUCKING YEAH!

Stop posting.

And now, a memorial service for the death of the English language.

So anyway, I'll be getting FFXII JP, so I'll post impressions. From what I've seen of the demo, though, I might hate it. A lot.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 08:46:41 AM »

I liked the demo. I'm also looking forward to it because I've been wanting a more serious rpg with a better story than whats come out recently. DQ doesn't cut it. No tales game is going to cut it. I don't like the Shadow Hearts or DDS type games. Final Fantasy is pretty much the only way for me to get an rpg with a mature storyline. Unless I'm missing something?

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 09:00:51 AM »

Suikoden V, maybe? It comes out the end of this month, and is awesomely fun in addition to having that intense war story we're all used to from the Suikoden series.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 09:03:47 AM »

I've never played a FF game that I didn't enjoy so i'm looking forward to XII.  After playing the demo the only thing that concerned me was the FFXI style battle system.  I just felt weird somehow but i'm sure they know what they are doing and it will work out fine.  Besides, they wouldn't want to tarnish the FF name with a sub-standard product after this long of a wait would they?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 09:29:45 AM »

I've played the demo twice and I guess I'm one of the few that likes the changes. It feels more intense since I don't have to wait for that random encounter to happen and wait for it to load. Granted, attacking felt a bit slow but I'm sure there are skills and equipment that probably effect their attributes. It is Final Fantasy after all. The bits and pieces of the story I've seen from various trailers have me intrigued more than I was when I saw info on FFX. So yeah, I'll probably grab a copy when it comes out.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 11:33:15 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
And now, a memorial service for the death of the English language.

ROFL

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 08:25:03 PM »

Quote from: "arizlaan"
for me i don't think ffXII is going to be good .the game may look good for some of you ......Square Enix's sucks they do not make good games any more..........so i am not looking forward to it

You are gonna have to back that one up, sir.

I haven't played many Square-Enix RPGs that 'suck' of late. As I recall, Romancing SaGa made me happy in the pants, as did Radiata Stories, and from what I played of Dragon Quest VII, it's a decent game. Not my thing, but a decent game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Fuck the anti-fanboyism.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 10:29:03 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Suikoden V, maybe? It comes out the end of this month, and is awesomely fun in addition to having that intense war story we're all used to from the Suikoden series.

Seriously.  I personally cannot wait for the game.  I was dissapointed with Suikoden IV.  Good game, of course, but I don't think it lived up to Suikoden status.  

Quote from: "Hidoshi"

I haven't played many Square-Enix RPGs that 'suck' of late. As I recall, Romancing SaGa made me happy in the pants, as did Radiata Stories, and from what I played of Dragon Quest VII, it's a decent game. Not my thing, but a decent game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Fuck the anti-fanboyism.

"Final Fantasy VII SUCKS!!!!  And all who play it are GAY!!!!"  Now thats some anti-fanboyism I hear all the time.  Pisses me off truly.

But, Hidoshi, I will have to dissagree with you on one thing...Romancing SaGa.  I hated that game.  But then again, I disliked Frontier SaGa one and two.  Maybe its just the whole different characters/stories thing...

Anyways, yes, agreed, Square Enix has not had any bad games lately.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 02:08:59 AM »

Quote from: "Dyne"
But, Hidoshi, I will have to dissagree with you on one thing...Romancing SaGa.  I hated that game.  But then again, I disliked Frontier SaGa one and two.  Maybe its just the whole different characters/stories thing...

Anyways, yes, agreed, Square Enix has not had any bad games lately.

The SaGa games are meant for a certain audience.  The games are the type of games where you like them or you really hate them.  Unfortunately, the majority of the people in America hate them whereas the majority of the people in Japan love them.

In regards to Final Fantasy XII, I've seen some major anti-fanboyism against it.  Some people will go as far as to say that the storyline is just something that Square Enix pulled our of their @$# in order to just make money, which is why they spent so much time making the graphics look amazing.  They then proceed to say that everything Squeenix does now-a-days is just to make their audiences say "Ooooooh, shiny!" which is why Advent Children was made. . . . I usually ignore people who say things like this, especially because people who say these things have no idea what they're talking about.  You can't comment on FFXII's storyline if the game hasn't been released yet. . .

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
HBK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 04:00:36 AM »

FF12 is the first ever FF to recieve a perfect 40/40 from Famitsu:

http://www.imgup.org/iup173465.jpg

Matsuno = instant 40/40. :) (well... except for FFT, but imo FFT deserved 40/40 as well)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 04:15:51 AM »

Does /not/ mean a damned thing coming from Famitsu. It's like trusting Gamepro at this point.

Well, not that bad, but still.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 04:16:23 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"

The SaGa games are meant for a certain audience.  The games are the type of games where you like them or you really hate them.  Unfortunately, the majority of the people in America hate them whereas the majority of the people in Japan love them.

In regards to Final Fantasy XII, I've seen some major anti-fanboyism against it.  Some people will go as far as to say that the storyline is just something that Square Enix pulled our of their @$# in order to just make money, which is why they spent so much time making the graphics look amazing.  They then proceed to say that everything Squeenix does now-a-days is just to make their audiences say "Ooooooh, shiny!" which is why Advent Children was made. . . . I usually ignore people who say things like this, especially because people who say these things have no idea what they're talking about.  You can't comment on FFXII's storyline if the game hasn't been released yet. . .

While Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song was quite popular in Japanese, folks in Japan were not too fond of UNLIMITED: SaGa, I can tell you that. You could get that game new and sealed for 1,500 yen, because retailers just wanted to get rid of their stock.

As far as Final Fantasy XII is concerned, it is the same "OMG, Final Fantasy is going down the drain" story that appears before the release of each and every Final Fantasy game. The funny thing is that a good deal of those who currently complain about the series, will end up buying every new installment, only to find more ammunition for their rants. Since Square Enix bashing is still pretty popular, Final Fantasy XII won't be an exception to that rule.

Edit: About the Famitsuu score: What Mark said. I suppose most people here on the boards don't have the same taste as the Famitsuu reviewers and/or their readership. Remember Famitsuu gave Dragon Quest VII a 39/40 then. It doesn't make sense to get excited about their reviews, since most likely you will see things differently than they do.
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 05:06:30 AM »

I always try to play a game before I give into anothers opinion, but its also nice to see whats going on on the other side of the fence too. There are many things in a game that will really click with me personaly that others might see as redundant, childish or "been there done that" - afterall im very susceptable to odds and ends hence I enjoyed Okage:Shadow king and Evolution. Odds are I would have passed these wonderful apples of my eye up if I trusted anyones sense but my own.

But back on to the main topic: I have great faith in any Final Fantasy game that Squarenix chooses to grace us with and 12 will be no exception to this. Spanning from my best friend on my Nintendo Family Entertainment System, some mishappen Gameboy games to YRP - final fantasy has had its moments and never fails to deliver to me that visual candy I crave for as a gamer who has a rather eclectic taste. Hell, I still burst into tears whenever I listen to "Eyes on me"....

Ok move along people... nothing to see here... (sniff)...
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 05:56:25 AM »

For some reasons Iím not eager to play FFXII yet. I canít explain why but thereís something missing that doesnít catch my attention like the previous installments.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »

Something I've realized over the years is that FF games have always seemed more professional to me. I can always tell the game is going to well-made. Ever FF game looks, sounds, and feels like SE put a lot of time and energy into them. Even if you don't particularly like one of the games, you can at least admit that the game wasn't half-assed. I'm sure FFXII will be great, and the demo just made me more excited.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: