Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:36:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338442 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 53564 times)
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »

Actually, there are certain treasure chest that keep you from getting the best weapons in the game if you open them.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2006, 03:47:40 PM »

They gave it a 5/5 today on X Play. Pretty impressive since they hate the FF series.
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »

Actually, they like FF. It's the FF fanboys they hate.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »

Quote from: "SabreWulf11887"

Morgan may like it, but Adam's consistantly slammed the series and has given pretty much every FF game a bad score since the old Extended Play days.
Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »

Who takes X-Play seriously...
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2006, 05:17:06 PM »

Quote from: "Britton"
Quote from: "SabreWulf11887"

Morgan may like it, but Adam's consistantly slammed the series and has given pretty much every FF game a bad score since the old Extended Play days.

Now that's fair. lol "I don't like this game. Automatic bad scores!"

"Oh, a hunter..."
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

Quote from: "Phoenix's Rage"
Who takes X-Play seriously...

No one, but when I seen them give FF XII a good score, I knew it had to have been sometihng to look into just becauseof the history of that show's bias against the series.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2006, 07:54:50 PM »

Holy Shit! This game is amazing.  I was expecting a lot but ..wow.  I didn't think anything would impress me this much after Okami but I'm glad I was wrong.  Everthything is extremely well done from the graphics to the music to perhaps THE best voice-acting i've ever heard in a game. I stayed up way too late playing last night and I paid for it at work today...

Well worth the wait!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »

I'll have to see how this fares fighting with PSU. I did play a fair bit of FFXII tonight, and a little today, but I logged in and did several runs on PSU and probably played it longer than FFXII.

Edit: Oh, as for the chest thing, This apparantly pinpoints the specific ones to skip. I may have to replay the game or something now. Meh, but I was only about about 3 hours in, and I've got a save nearly a half hour in.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »

There is something that is really bugging me.  I noticed that when the cinematic CG sequences play, there is a black border around the frame.  It is quite large and very annoying.  Now the game defaults to 16 by 9 widescreen mode so that could be why it is happening.  Now my question is this, has anyone else noticed this?  That border is not present in gameplay sequences so why the fuck it is around when the CG cinemas show up?  The Japanese version does not have these borders.

SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »

I don't know. It might just be you. I haven't noticed anything like that.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »

He might mean the letter boxing. I don't mind, a lot of games do it and it just makes is seem more cinematic.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »

I'm liking it so far, but I do have to complain about the virtually constant enemy attacks. In a single corridor in the palace dungeon, I have fought over thirty enemies in something like three minutes, burned through eight phoenix downs, and lost most of my mana on heals (and I do know how to use the gambit system). Seems like they wanted to bring that prison rape thrill of Final Fantasy XI to home consoles.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2006, 02:38:49 AM »

Well, put nearly 20 hours into this baby, and this thing blew me away. Anything that Matsuno/Yoshida/Sakimoto touch seem to be instant love for me, and this is no different. FFXII marched right through my heavy expectations. This might even de-throne Vagrant Story as my favorite RPG ever. How's everyone building their party so far anyways?

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2006, 03:43:49 AM »

I was only going to sample the game for a few minutes, but it turned into several hours.  I'm still more or less at the beginning, but FFXII has been loads of fun so far.  I'm really liking the ADB system, it's such a refreshing change from the standard jump to static screen method used in the past games.  It's a slight shame about monsters not dropping Gil in battles, but healthy uses of "Steal" to get sellable items makes that a moot point.

May I go on record saying that the voice acting is fucking awesome so far!  I love the use of different accents, especially when they're used well, and no one really sounds out of place so far.  Can't wait to hear Balthier!

I'll likely dive into the game later after I've gotten my fill of Angel on DVD.  I need my fix.  This might actually call for an all-nighter.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: