Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331875 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 52424 times)
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2006, 04:20:39 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
He might mean the letter boxing. I don't mind, a lot of games do it and it just makes is seem more cinematic.

It is letterboxed both vertically and horizontally.  The Japanese version is also letterboxed, but only horizontally.

arizlaan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2006, 07:00:59 AM »

Yeah so i bought the game... Its going ok ...iam playing as much as I can..Did you all know that the game was leaked before it was released? I my self  get a this fake copy of the game at thet time.Anyone pls tell whats happen?

god is god
Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2006, 12:05:17 PM »

Someone must've leaked the reviewable version over a Bit Torrent site or something.
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2006, 12:43:35 PM »

How far is everyone? So far I've just done the Barheim Passage.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2006, 01:00:51 PM »

I'm back at Golmore Jungle after one hell of a boss fight(Tiamat) that reminded me from some of the boss fights from Vagrant Story. Anyways, My main party(Basch, Fran, Ashe) are way ahead of everyone else(Vaan, Balthier, Penelo)in level, so I kind of wish they could get at least SOME exp from the fights. Oh well.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »

Quote from: "Britton"
They gave it a 5/5 today on X Play. Pretty impressive since they hate the FF series.

*cough* http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/finalfantasy12/index.html

Told you ;p
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2006, 05:42:10 PM »

I'm just returning to the city after picking up Basch.  Only did 2 hunts so far but i'm doubting that i'm ready for the 3rd hunt just yet so i'm probably going to continue with the story tonight.

Btw, What's up with my characters healing like crazy even if my HP is NOT below 70% as I specified in the gambit??  Should I just move it down the priority list or something?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2006, 10:22:04 PM »

Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
Quote from: "Britton"
They gave it a 5/5 today on X Play. Pretty impressive since they hate the FF series.

*cough* http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/finalfantasy12/index.html

Told you ;p

After reading that review; if I didn't already have or want the game, I'd be chomping at the bit to get a copy.

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2006, 11:51:37 PM »

I was too lazy to check through all 10 pages, but I neglected to comment on this news snippet from October 25: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1511.html

I wonder if this DS FFXII will see the light of day on western shores.  That would be pretty sweet.    

(sidenote: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/xenosagads/index.html Xenosaga I/II DS seems intriguing too.)

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2006, 12:25:02 AM »

Xenosaga I/II DS is terrible. I hope it never gets released anywhere outside of japan so nobody else is subjected to the suffering it brings.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2006, 12:27:24 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
I was too lazy to check through all 10 pages, but I neglected to comment on this news snippet from October 25: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1511.html

I wonder if this DS FFXII will see the light of day on western shores.  That would be pretty sweet.

I really can't see how it /can't/. It's FF, and a spin-off of a new popular one at that. It's whether it'll be good or not that I'm wondering.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2006, 02:08:09 AM »

I'm about 21 hours in at the Stillshrine of the whatever in the snowy mountain area. Damn, this game is pretty hard. I've had to level my guys a few times already. I think I'm not using the LP correctly or something, up to this area I only had my main guy with a single mist attack.

Anywho, my main party is Basch, Balthier and Fran. The other three are like 15 levels lower since I don't ever use them. I'm hoping this won't eventually come back and bite me in the ass.
Zomza

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2006, 03:53:51 AM »

This game is $$ so far, it was totally worth it. I watched a little of the bonus features that came with the and then history of final fantasy video rocks check it out.

Anyway does anyone know when in the game chests aren't safe to open? It's kinda vague.  http://www.1up.com/do/gameCheats?cId=2006397  I think i probably opened the first do not open and im in a big sluice under rabtown, still really early in but i spent a few hours hunting nameds and leveling up.
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2006, 02:09:17 AM »

The history of FF bonus thing in two sentences:

"THESE GAMES ARE FUCKING AWESOME. BUY THEM."

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2006, 02:11:13 AM »

Quote from: "Lost Fragment"
The history of FF bonus thing in two sentences:

"THESE GAMES ARE FUCKING AWESOME. BUY THEM."

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting much. If you want a good history of the series, you'd be better off checking out something a third party source produced, like a game magazine/site. Then the ups and downs, and fan reactions can be covered, rather than all of the positive (and not even necessarily the best parts.)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: