Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 52814 times)
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2006, 09:51:48 AM »

So ummm....I wasn't able to play all week, and I turned it on for a while and just noticed that my mind is already a little fuzzy on the story....can someone please outline for me all the major plot points(in a spoiler-box of course)from  the start of the game up until the Stillshrine of Miriam(after that long Mt. Bur-Omisace scene)? Thanks. And yeah, about the bonus disc, I wasn't expecting much, and it delivered about nothing. Oh well.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2006, 12:31:50 PM »

I love this game. I only wish Vaan would just dissapear. I'm glad that he doesn't have to be in my battle party anymore (I'm going to enter the magicite mines), but I don't like how I have to walk around as him in towns/cities. Guess I'm going to have to get used to him and his...lameness. -__-

Oh, and Basch is totally badass.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »

Bosch is the man. Vaan doesnt bother me at all. He isnt my favorite character at all, but he doesnt get at me, like he seems to do to ALOT of other people. I do like him more than Tidus though. Fuck that guy.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2006, 03:45:16 PM »

Personally, Vaan is probably one of the better male protagonists in the PS era series.  So much better than that moron Tidus.   And personally, I enjoy him as a character.  Im only about 5 hours or so into the game, so I havnt gotten far, but I can sure as hell say this game is probably the most enjoyable PS2 FF ive played.   The setting alone is vibrant and interesting, moreso than most of the previous FF games.  

The battle system takes a bit getting used to, but not much, gambit is interesting, especially for strategic buffs, and the option to not be forced into a specific weapon is a nice addition.

License system is a bit of a mixed bag, since you dont know exactly what skill reaches which, especially in the equipment stuff is a bit come and go, but not a big deal.

Personally, already I like this game more than 8, 9, 10, and 10-2, and thats just from the 5 hours i've played it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »

I am on my third hunt.  I am still in Rabanastre.

SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2006, 01:04:19 AM »

What's with all the "Vaan" hate? Personally, I like him.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2006, 08:05:06 AM »

Quote from: "SabreWulf11887"
What's with all the "Vaan" hate? Personally, I like him.

I find him likable enough, I think people are just getting tired of the protaganist who has no right to be the protaganist. Balthier, Basch or Ashe could all claim the title of main character before him easily. Amusingly enough Balthier actually does :P

I'm not too far into the game(Though I have put a lot of time into it, I just have wanderlust and go running off everywhere BUT where I'm supposed to for no real reason until I find a guard who won't let me go any further or monsters that are level 'Rape you' and have to turn back), but barring major plot twists Vaan doesn't even need to be in the game.
Sartori

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »

Hello

Played it about 4 hours last night and just have one complaint so far:

The right analog stick for viewing, am having a tough time getting used to moving it left to look right and vice versa.....

I had put about 150 hours into Oblivion on the 360 and you could invert the way you view in that game. Move left to look left, move right to look right. So its pretty much locked into my subconsience to use it that way:)

Is there any reason why they set it up that way? Or am I just left right challenged:)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2006, 11:02:58 AM »

Is anyone else finding themselves disturbingly obsessed with keeping long chains up? I frequently find myself running from mobs because killing one of them would mean the end of a 20-ish chain. I am currently in Nam-Yensa Sandsea with a 65 long chain going. Am trying to see how long I can get it before getting bored..
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »

I was at the same place Cauton, and I had it closer to 75 and that fire elemental owned me. When I saw it, I started to flee and those desert guys slept my whole party and my face got raped. Shitty part was it took me like 45 mins to get that going and I got some good loot too. I had to walk away from the game for an hour to vent.

CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2006, 12:43:04 PM »

So ummm.....anyone know what's the deal with vanish? I used vanish in hopes to running to a boss without losing HP or MP on the way there, but as soon as I get within aggro range, well, I sure enough get aggroed. Am I missing something?

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »

Yea, I love racking up chains, but it pisses me off that they can be broken so easily.
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »

So ummm.....anyone know what's the deal with vanish? I used vanish in hopes to running to a boss without losing HP or MP on the way there, but as soon as I get within aggro range, well, I sure enough get aggroed. Am I missing something?

I don't know if this is true for FFXII, but I know that vanish in FFXI isn't good enough sometimes since enemies can smell you or hear you.

I dunno though, it might be something else. I haven't gotten that far.

CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

Quote from: "Lost Fragment"

I don't know if this is true for FFXII, but I know that vanish in FFXI isn't good enough sometimes since enemies can smell you or hear you.

I dunno though, it might be something else. I haven't gotten that far.

Well, since there is nothing to cover up smell or sound, I don't think that's it. From what I can tell, vanish only reduces a mobs aggro range, so you can get a little closer without getting attacked. I did think it would work like in FFXI, but oh well. So, how far is everyone? I'm 40 hours in Balfonheim Port, going to Giruvegan. Man, this game is way too addicting.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2006, 09:03:08 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Is anyone else finding themselves disturbingly obsessed with keeping long chains up? I frequently find myself running from mobs because killing one of them would mean the end of a 20-ish chain. I am currently in Nam-Yensa Sandsea with a 65 long chain going. Am trying to see how long I can get it before getting bored..

Yeah I think this system is quite boring. I didn't lost my time with chains.

Quote from: "CarpeNoctumXIII"

Vanish probably doesn't work will all the enemies, or maybe it simply reduces the detection range from the foes. Try to stay as distant as possible from them. Try casting Float too (I'm not sure, but maybe enemies can't hear your footsteps)

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Personally, Vaan is probably one of the better male protagonists in the PS era series.  So much better than that moron Tidus.   And personally, I enjoy him as a character.  Im only about 5 hours or so into the game, so I havnt gotten far, but I can sure as hell say this game is probably the most enjoyable PS2 FF ive played.   The setting alone is vibrant and interesting, moreso than most of the previous FF games.

Errr how can you compare Vaan with Tidus and then hate Tidus? Vaan is almost a replica of Tidus except he isn't developed at all and he hardly speaks in the game. Tidus had a strong presence in FF10 and I don't remember seeing him like a moron.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: