Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319227 Posts in 13034 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 50219 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2006, 07:02:28 AM »

The Belius/Velius issue happened because in Japanese, there is no V sound (well, there is, but it's never used) - they use the 'b' sound to substitute whatever word has a v sound in it.

A lot of the espers are original creations that are influenced by the zodiac signs. There ARE, however, many of the characters from Final Fantasy Tactics, similar to Velius. There are also enemies from other Final Fantasy games as espers, such as:

Code:
Exdeath, Holy Tree of Judgement (Final Fantasy V), Zeromus, the Condemner (Final Fantasy IV), Mateus, the Corrupt (FFTA), high Seraph Altima (FFT's final boss), and more.

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2006, 08:58:02 PM »

Is there anything that would make fighting the first Demonwall worth it? I avoided that one.
Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2006, 10:55:31 PM »

Not sure if anything else, but you get a reward from Montblanc for each Demon Wall killed. I don't remember exactly what it was though.

Nothing.
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2006, 11:04:54 PM »

Quote from: "Sazabirules"
Is there anything that would make fighting the first Demonwall worth it? I avoided that one.
You get the Demonsbane from a random treasure if you beat the Demon Wall.
Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2006, 09:57:21 AM »

Just beat it. It was pretty decent overall.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2006, 11:03:38 AM »

So, I'm 55 hours in and I have unlocked the last dungeon. I have to say, that this is probably my favorite Final Fantasy now. It's pretty much what I've always wanted from a Final Fantasy and more, and with a team of designers that I prefer over anything Nomura is involved with. To be honest, I don't see why everyone is bitching about all the characters being the same. YOU make them the same, not the game. All my characters are unique, only sharing white magick(all six of my characters lerned all the White Magicks). I mean, this is the only FF game I've not been able to march right through with little to no trouble at all, and that, to me, is a large enough plus as it is. As for the story, I love it, probably more then the other title in the series. But that might be because some of my favorite stories are also Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. Now, on to beating this thing after getting all my main characters to 55.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2006, 12:18:09 PM »

A question about loot:
Is it safe to sell everything that's listed under the loot tab? I mean, even stuff I get as rewards from quests/hunts like the Rainbow Egg?
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »

Well I think those items get you especially good things from the bazaar, or at least thats my guess...but youd probably have to check a faq on that.  

Im gonna start over, made it to raithwall, but I wasted tons of LP figuring out what weapons were where....so I figure id start over, and better spend my points, and do more powerleveling, so I can have more cash in the beginning.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
A question about loot:
Is it safe to sell everything that's listed under the loot tab? I mean, even stuff I get as rewards from quests/hunts like the Rainbow Egg?

Yes, it is. If you sell certain combinations of items(doesn't need to be all at once), you unlock items in the bazaar. The bazaar has some great bargains and some of the best gear in the game, so it's very well worth selling pretty much everything that is loot. Also note that the bazaar sells greimores, items that make it some regular mobs drop VERY rare items, which are worth a lot of money and can be used to unlock some really special stuff in the bazaar.

Buy a greimore as soon as it's up, even with more priority then you buy gear/magick/items since it can lead you to gain a lot more cash later down the line. I ignored them for half of the game, and when i bought my first one, my profits increased dramaticly when farming.

Anyways, I just beat it, and i must admit I haven't been this satisfied with a game in a VERY long time. Now I need to go back and do all the hunts, get all the espers, and do all of the bonus stuff to have the "rape" file.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

I'm about 25 hours in and leaving the Ghiba(sp?)Village to go to the mountains.
Is it just me or did anyone else have to haul ass through the Ozmone plains or whatever because the mobs were stupid hard to beat..?

I'm probably going to spend an hour or so tonight just running around collecting loot to upgrade my weapons/armor before actually entering the next area.

Question:  Are each character's Mist attacks just randomly placed on their liscense board?  All my characters are around lv.21 and I still only have Ashe's Mist. It's starting to piss me off.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I'm about 25 hours in and leaving the Ghiba(sp?)Village to go to the mountains.
Is it just me or did anyone else have to haul ass through the Ozmone plains or whatever because the mobs were stupid hard to beat..?

I'm probably going to spend an hour or so tonight just running around collecting loot to upgrade my weapons/armor before actually entering the next area.

Question:  Are each character's Mist attacks just randomly placed on their liscense board?  All my characters are around lv.21 and I still only have Ashe's Mist. It's starting to piss me off.

You probably should upgrade. If you found the Ozmone Plains to be hard, then you're gonna get ass-pounded in the next area.

There are a few exceptions: teleport stones, *something* skin that's used for a quest, and a few others maybe. Though from what I've been told, only the first two shouldn't be sold.

CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2006, 01:33:54 AM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"

No, they are not random. There is usually one or two next to some sort of spell "road". Like, if you keep following the black magick licenses, you'll land on one, or if you follow the technicks licenses, you'll land on two really close to  each other. Just plan out who is going to do what and get whatever is closer to what they are learning.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2006, 02:11:56 AM »

The freedom of this game is a welcome breath of fresh air.  Man, I'm loving it.  The difficulty is basically left up to you to decide.  I understand that early on in the game you are capable of getting very strong weapons and destroying the game, but I've kind of chose to just go with the flow and not try to overpower myself.  Basically I only level when I feel I need to in order to beat an area or a boss, and I only farm LP/gil to upgrade when I feel like I have to.  So far, it's been a good pace of story/leveling+hunts.

If you find yourself having trouble, try to upgrade your weapons first.  I've found that I can heal through most difficult boss fights and win with mostly just strong offense.

I'm curious to know if any ex/current FFXI players are finding it very easy to pick up on the battle system.  For me, I never had a problem and it came naturally almost.  The gambits aren't very hard to learn either.

The game is very good all around.  There's a good balance of storyline and difficulty.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2006, 06:01:18 AM »

Starting over was a good thing for me.  Already I just finished the Nalbina Dungeon-Mimic caves area, and have Vaan with a Quick, and characters at level nine.  Ive managed my LP much better, and ive discovered that Montblanc gives you items for each rank, and money for bosses defeated.

I had no clue about that before, so now my enjoyment was like a 8/10, is now a 9/10.

I have to say, this is probably like in the top 3 favorite FF.  Its just got such a great world, pretty fun battle system, I love being able to PICK YOUR OWN WEAPON.  I mean, being able to choose from Crossbows, Katana, Ninja Sword, Rods, Staffs, Poles, Swords, Knightswords, on and on, its just great.  Kinda sucks though, since your not sure exactly what each does, in terms of benefits and such, but still, fun stuffs.

Sad thing is im only renting it, so on the 24th I gotta send it back..unless I get 39.99 then ill buy it...heh.

Well off I go!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2006, 09:17:40 AM »

Okay, haven't had much time to play so I'm really at the beginning, but I'm stuck.... in the Giza Plains. I'm looking for Jinn and can't get to the location due to two monsters at the extreme south area that kill me with one. Hit. What do I need to do here? Something with those dark crystals? Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: