Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 02:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329219 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 51791 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 12:07:01 AM »

Two hours into Final Fantasy XII and it's not looking that great. Admittedly, I've only scratched the surface of the game, but I have to force myself to keep playing.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 02:05:14 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Two hours into Final Fantasy XII and it's not looking that great. Admittedly, I've only scratched the surface of the game, but I have to force myself to keep playing.

More Rape Dollars coming right up!

Edit: Better contribute something before I get bitchslapped!

I really enjoyed what I played of the demo....I've read just about every review and preview out there right now (which six months ago i promised myself i wouldnt) and I'm still not really "excited" for this game...but I'm certainly interested in it at the very least.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2006, 09:44:29 AM »

Pretty interesting replies about the people who have imported the game.

I suppose I'm looking forward to it.  I have not played the demo but I have watched two people fully play through it.  Considering I didn't actually play it myself, I don't know what to think of the fighting engine.  I did ask the people who I watched play the demo what they thought and they both enjoyed the battle system.

After being dissapointed with Grandia 3 (not a bad game, just didn't live up to my expectations), I'm hoping FFXII comes out better. Thus being said, I feel like Square-enix will deliver with this title.  So I guess I'm looking forward to it.. just not with any fanboy zeal.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2006, 10:11:51 AM »

I take back the part about Final Fantasy XII being boring. The gameplay's nothing to get excited over, but I just had my first boss battle.

It was one of the best battles I've ever had in an RPG. If the rest of the game is anything like this, man. They really put effort into making major battles dynamic, at least.

Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2006, 10:16:02 AM »

OK I was apparently wrong when I said some squares on the License board are useless for some characters, they're not. The gray or white names just indicates if you actually have those equipment or magic in your inventory.
You basically buy magic/gambits/etc. at a store.

Still having fun with the game already flown in airship and rode a chocobo, but now I'm stuck with no clue whatsoever where to go.

>.< It sucks not understanding Japanese.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2006, 11:59:45 AM »

I change my mind. Final Fantasy XII is a great game.

Even though the license board is fucking retarded.

Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2006, 12:13:57 PM »

Lol what a change of heart, Lyviur!

So, is the battle system identical to that of the demo, or is it improved?  That's my big concern; the demo was fairly boring to me: I felt like I was watching the battles more than actually fighting them.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 12:23:11 PM »

You just hate the battle system cause it dredges up memories of FFXI.....

But I'm glad I dont have to gut you now.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2006, 12:31:46 PM »

?

I never played FFXI.  And I didn't say I "hated" the battle system.

Maybe you weren't responding to me though.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2006, 07:26:08 PM »

I am going to rape your face with a sword.

Edit: Just in case you couldnt figure it out, Rindu...that was meant for you.

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2006, 07:45:26 PM »

Tried my friend's less than legal copy to see if it was worth the import. Played  less than an hour. And while I liked what I saw, the fact was, I was missing way too much in terms of story and stuff since my Japanese isn't up to snuff.

I can understand everything when they speak "normally" (like when Vaan is talking with his girflriend, what's her face) but when they got these kings and shit bust out with all that political mumbo jumbo, I tend to get lost. And this this game's premise is politics and all that jazz, I figure I'm not going to understand all of it.

So yeah, I'll just wait for the US release. It just ain't worth it trying to wade through this title when I know I'll be missing a lot and won't get the "full experience" out of it. Plenty of games to play in the meantime.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2006, 02:10:04 AM »

Purchased Final Fantasy XII.

This game is fucking incredible.  That is all.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 03:22:53 AM »

from what ive seen so far in videos and such it looks like this one one of those games thats starts slow but only gets more awesome as the game progresses.

out of curiosity has anyone seen anything resembling a limit break/overdrive/weapon skill yet?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2006, 03:35:49 AM »

Yeah they are called Mist Knacks I think.

Blegh I'm gonna stop playing FFXII, I'm getting my ass kicked by Bangaas in a mine. I'll wait for the US release, then I will have less problem playing when I actually understand what to do and I this way it will still be a surprise.

Yes FFXII is frickin awesome, but new games are out soon, Suikoden V and Kingdom Hearts 2, gonna play those and some other games I missed during my ps2-hiatus last year.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »

I'm really only playing this to keep my mind off of Oblivion.. but it is still enjoyable. I'm afraid I'm going to screw myself on the license board, though.

Also, I'm surprised no translation FAQs have been posted, given how crazy people generally are about FF games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: