Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338745 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  fuck, damnit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fuck, damnit  (Read 3442 times)
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2006, 09:13:24 PM »

Yeah anyway, today I had Guilty Gear X2, Streefighter 3, Streetfighter 2, Capcom VS SNK2, Soul Calibur 2, Armored Core 3, and two ps2 memory cards stolen from me. I feel worst about the memory cards, fucking ten years of nearly finished rpgs.

Tell me tales of loss that I might feel less saddened.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 03:25:46 AM »

Uhm... I couldn't finish my college education because my voice was to squeeky. My plans for the future crushed together with some hopes and dreams. How's that?

As for tales of loss related to games... My mega memorycard decided it would be fun to delete all my saves. And when I asked my dad to install Office 97 on my laptop, he tought I had said Windows 98. I lost a lot of saves and other stuff. And yes, I was smart enough to make a back-up, but the back-up died before I could put the data on my laptop again. Oh and it took a week to find all the drivers for my laptop. Thanks daddy...
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 05:59:03 PM »

Couldn't complete your college education because your voice was too squeaky? What do you mean by that? Were you studying some type of performance art or broadcast communications or something? Feel free not to answer if it touches on any sore spots, it's just my curiosity.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 02:49:25 AM »

I wanted to be a teacher. Everyone was screened before hand and if there was anything wrong, they would say something about it. But in my case they didn't say anything. When I had been in college for 3 months or so,I had to hear things like "You'll never get a job with that voice", "Your voice is very childlike" and "Your voice is to high and soft" everyday. I was determined at first and I contacted two of those... what do you call them in English?... persons who help you with speechproblems. But they concluded my natural voice was very squeeky. One of them did they I did have a good voice if I tried to growl like a bear. That was pretty much when I quit.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »

That really sucks. Seriously. Where I live, we have teachers who are barely audible and some who talk in monotone. I would rather have a "squeaky" voice than one that sounds like Charlie Brown's faceless instructor.

Oh well. I'm really sorry to hear that.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 04:11:02 AM »

It's okay now, it's in the past. It's a funny story now, more or less. Nomrally I also add what I wanted to do after that failure. I applied to another college because I wanted to work with animals. Before I could enroll I needed to get some experience so I could skip the first year.

A petstore hired me as a parttime help. The store was filled with all kinds of animals (I petted a spider and a frog!) and the owners brought their own animals (4 dogs and 2 cats) with them to work. I had to do all the dirty stuff, including cleaning 20 fishtanks, there was a fish decaying in one of the filters... But the owners were really nice and complimented me on not being affraid of the animals (I bossed their huge dog around and cleaned the fishtank with the piranhas).

After half a day at work I was constantly sneezing, coughing and eventually my lunch ended up in the toiletbowl. My sister had the flu at the time, so I blamed her. The next week it was time to clean the cages of the rabbits and rodents. The same thing happened.

So I had some of my blood tested and it turns out that I'm allergic to dogs, cats and the food they keep in open boxes in the store. One cat or one dog isn't a problem, but several of them are. Yay...
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »

Lucky - other than the fact that you worked in a pet store). I get really sick around just ONE cat or dog. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ruem

pccullum patrickcullum
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 01:26:35 PM »

Guess the next logical step is teaching at a canine obedience school, eh?
Viva Caesar

Seriously though, shitty breaks, but at least you didn't lose a bunch of game saves. I lost a game save, once. So I played another game.

Even more seriously, I'da told the people criticizing your voice to stick it in their asses. This country needs as many good teachers as it can get; we have enough singers.

--Ruem
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 04:32:30 PM »

One day my memory card randomly deleted my FFT game prior to finishing it. All my party was at level 99, and had mastered every single class. To this day I have not seen the ending, nor have I tried to play this game again.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 05:27:08 AM »

I make back-ups of saves I put a lot of work into. My back-ups don't always work though... My USB-sticks are very suicidal.

Speaking of losses, the rabbithouse just lost it's roof, it was blown away by the wind. I better go fix that O_o
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 07:56:34 PM »

So today I bought another copy of Guilty Gear X2 off the internetz, this version only plays training mode with 4 characters, anything else will crash the game. :(
^3R^
Banninated

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 11:16:37 AM »

You may feel better reading the Soul Calibur 3's bug cases of memory card corruption at gamefaqs lol.
I think I was 'lucky' to read about that thing in time. Its a shame thou, I liked chronicles of the sword.

In my case, a few years ago my Dreamcast started freezing and reseting  so one day it caught me while playing PSO and my VMU screwed up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: