Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 06:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331926 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  First images of Wild Arms 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: First images of Wild Arms 5  (Read 3781 times)
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 11:03:05 PM »

The hex battle system is one of the all-time greatest turn based battle systems (right up there with Grandia's and Shin Megami Tensei's systems).  Alone, it elevated Wild Arms 4 from a decent game into excellence.  I'm really excited about WA5 now.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 02:53:45 AM »

After looking things over a bit more, I'm looking forward to the gameplay more than I am the story, oddly enough.  Having the exploration and battle mechanics from 4th Detonator make a return is definitely t3h w1n!

But one guy and two girls?  It's a love triangle waiting to happen, with the classic "childhood friend vs. mysterious beauty" type of thing.  I also somehow doubt that these three will be the only playables in the game.  If 2nd Ignition and Alter Code: F can expand to six people...

And it looks like Rebecca is the sole ARMs user thus far.  I wonder if that will have any significance on the plot.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 09:30:24 AM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
There are very few WA girls that can live up to Raquel's awesomeness.  :P

there are very few rpg girls in general that can live upto raquels awesomeness ; ;

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kano

agate8@hotmail.com Ikage8 dragon_foulu
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 12:44:35 AM »

Those new screens do look nice, shows off a little bit of everything.  I didn't mind that whole split dialouge chat..though I did prefer the more standardized forms of interaction..the one in WA4 just gave it this novel-like feel to it all.  My greatest interest though, is the setting..like now it won't be like all high techy..post war type thing, it will go back to the roots of WA1 and put in that fantasy/wild wild west theme back into it.  That aspects always intrigued me the most.  Also, I hope the ARM this time has all these different types of ammo/shots..like Rudy did in WA1..I though that offered a good sense of strategy and variation..they could even take it a step further and make the arm more customizable...but only time will tell.. :P
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: