Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  First images of Wild Arms 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: First images of Wild Arms 5  (Read 3839 times)
Kano

agate8@hotmail.com Ikage8 dragon_foulu
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:33:42 AM »

I was browsing around http://www.wild-arms.net and it seems the developers have released the first set of shots for Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard, all pictures having what could possibly be the main character in then.  The link to the first set of shots can be found here:

http://www.wild-arms.net/wa_060215.html

Looking at the first set of pics, it could possibly be in game..or pre rendered..what do you guys think? Also, it looks like this person doesn't wield an arm..giving a hint that he probably fights with something else? fists perhaps? Anyways enjoy and discuss, looks like WA5 is definately in the works :D.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:31:28 AM »

I'd be surprised if those weren't pre-rendered.
Although one could hope that they aren't :P

I can't really say that I agree with the fist comment. I mean, in Wild Arms 4, Jude never carried his ARM until he materialized it with that little super power that he had, so it's entirely possible that the character in WA5 could do something similar. That, or the picture just doesn't show him carrying his ARM. The pictures don't really need the addition of an weapon anyways, since they aren't very "actiony."
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »

Yeah, that looks pre-rendered.  :P

But hey, it also looks good, so.

Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 09:41:48 PM »

The look of the character, looks a lot like WA4 to me.  Definitely not a bad thing.  I'll just wait until I see an actual gameplay image to get hyped for this game.
Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »

This series is one of my favorites, the previous 3 were great and I'm loving WA4 so far.  I'm going to try to keep my expectations in check until we really see the game but given the series' track record I hope that WA4 sold well enough for XSEED to consider WA5 when it's ready to be translated as they did a great job on it.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 04:38:03 AM »

It looks pre-rendered to me as well.  It could also be a spruced up version of an in-game screenshot.  I hope the game comes over.  Depending on when this game comes out in Japan, the layover between releases could be long enough that a release here would fall during the Playstation 3's launch window.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »

I doubt they'll keep the hex battle system....but if they do, yay! I love that.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »

I doubt it's pre-rendered, for a couple of reasons.

a) You can still see the in-game engine being used for some of the background objects.

b) Pre-rendering would look much smoother.

However, I do believe this is a 'bullshot', as PA would put it. It's probably been cleaned up. John pointed out that the PS2's Tourist Trophy looks amazing (I'm sure he can link up some screenshots), but racing games traditionally look way better than RPGs.

But hey, if it winds up looking like that, kudos.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

Why not?  THey do it for models in magazines.  THe graphics in WA4 were superb, clean and very fluent, so this seems appropriate.

I like how this last wave of PS2 games (before the next-gen PS3's and 360's take the stage) are really milking the PS2 for what its worth.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 04:19:38 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
I doubt it's pre-rendered, for a couple of reasons.

a) You can still see the in-game engine being used for some of the background objects.

b) Pre-rendering would look much smoother.

However, I do believe this is a 'bullshot', as PA would put it. It's probably been cleaned up. John pointed out that the PS2's Tourist Trophy looks amazing (I'm sure he can link up some screenshots), but racing games traditionally look way better than RPGs.

But hey, if it winds up looking like that, kudos.

I think that is a very good term.  The screens on that site do look like bullshots.  If the game actually does turn out to look that good, I will be very impressed with the developers.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 03:18:05 PM »

Here are some magazine scans of Famitsu, showing lots of new screens of Wild Arms V: The Vth Vanguard.

Also, the hybrid HEX combat system returns.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 05:13:17 PM »

So he uses a shovel? Cool.

I'm also happy they decided to use the standard dialogue shot (meaning, no character art jumping out at you, breaking the scene into various ugly-divided pieces for no reason and not using the beautiful graphics). The fact that they did that in WA4 really annoyed me.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 09:47:16 PM »

hmn... awesome that hex battle is back but......it seems unlike either of those 2 female characters will live up to raquels awesomeness ; ;

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 11:26:45 PM »

There are very few WA girls that can live up to Raquel's awesomeness.  :P

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Lovely

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 09:39:01 AM »

Quote from: "Miho"
Here are some magazine scans of Famitsu, showing lots of new screens of Wild Arms V: The Vth Vanguard.

Also, the hybrid HEX combat system returns.

*Takes DEEP breath*

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

This was actually the thing I was wondering about most. I really fell in love with that battle system ^^.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: