Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327838 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Brawl site is relaunched.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl site is relaunched.  (Read 18925 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 07:04:25 PM »

I actually think Megaman would be an awesome addition to the character roster. In the Smash Bros universe (in my eyes, anyway), if Samus and Kirby had a baby, he'd be it.

Of course, he'd have the standard blaster attack, charge attack, etc (not unlike Samus), and perhaps use Rush for his up-B move; nothing too extravegant. But he could potentially be so much cooler than that. Think about it; in the Megaman games, when you kill a boss, you inherit their power. So if he made it into Smash Bros, he'd get different powerups depending on the last character he killed in battle, sort of like Kirby, but minus the copy-cat-suction dealio.

Just a side note here, but for those of you that haven't checked the official website in a while, be sure to do so. Today's update alone makes me want to buy the game. :P
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 10:26:22 PM »

I LOVE how this game is shaping up.  Without repeating whats been said here already...gotta ask: anyone else feel that seeing Samus without suit so easily kinda cheapens her character?? (also, I kinda like her long haired designs beter...much hotter).

Love the SNake update, they made him creepy,, its wicked. xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 07:20:04 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand what "cheapens" means, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway.

I actually like the change they made. Being able to turn into a completely different character midbattle in such a way is a pretty interesting idea. Although, I can see why Samus fans might be pissed that their favorite character gets transformed into a completely new one after using her Final Smash, but, well...they don't have to use her Final Smash! What is it good for, anyway, a few kills? Not using it wouldn't be game breaking.

And for all we know, Zero Suit Samus could be the best character in the game. But alas, we know nothing. I just hope we can pick her from the Character Select screen if we just wanted to skip the whole Samus-blowing-herself-up thing and get straight to the suit-less action.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 06:24:51 AM »

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

By cheapens, I don't know I always thought one of the best things about Samus was the fact she was always in suit, till you get a 100% file and you see her briefly.  and, wow shit, it is a girl.  cool.
Seeing her without suit so openly, just feels "too eassy" or something =P
thats all I meant

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26202.html

Those videos have me so hyped.

[/url]
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 11:58:24 AM »

Ew,  accompied with a release date of TBD...

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:57 PM »

Ugh, I will forever hate Sonic's voice.

However....

SONIC FUCK YES HOLY SHIT

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
SONIC FUCK YES HOLY SHIT

Yea, this is the best goddamn news I've heard concerning SSBB. Yet another reason to purchase a Wii (which I hopefully will be doing later today!).
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »

FUCK YEAH.[/b]

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »

I've watched that dang Sonic video so many freakin' times already, and can't help but be excited about the news (even if I expected to see it eventually).

My favorite thing is how they've kept all his old sound effects (rolling, jumping, and skidding in particular). I'm also really hoping that the jump-bumper will be his up B attack; that'd rock so hard. :P
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 06:27:49 PM »

I'm surprised that everyone but Dice glazed over the change in release date. I'd say that it's almost a guaranteed delay into 2008, especially with the official delay in Japan.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 06:33:43 PM »

So basically they are going to introduce Sonic in an attempt to skip the delay right past all of us?  I doubt it.  Nintendo's only got Super Mario Galaxy to rely on if they don't release SSBB before Christmas.  Although I doubt the Wii will have any problems (still) selling out.

I dunno, I was talking to a friend about this the other day.  In the end we both thought it was inevitable for Sonic to be introduced.  I expected them to hold back the info until closer to the release.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »

That is awesome. All that's left is to introduce Little Mac and Mega Man, and it will be perfection. Did you guys hear that Warioware Ashley Theme song? I preferred the Japanese singing over the English singing. It was nice.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »

I haven't heard any news of any delays whatsoever. I'm not sure that they ever changed the release date, on the website, from TBD. Well, if they are going to push it back, we'll probably hear about it in the next few days. On the other hand, it could be as simple as december third not being a good shipping date, for some reason. Since the game has been presumably finished for quite some time now, it's kind of odd to think that it will be pushed back substantially.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 12:27:48 AM »

The game had December 3rd listed as its release until the Sonic update went up.

Still, I'm not expecting much of a delay. A week or two maybe, but I can't see why they'd push it back more than that. Not with this year's holiday season.

[/url]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: