Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  He-Man 2k2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: He-Man 2k2  (Read 863 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »

OK, so this was a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine a couple of years back. Was pretty disappointed at the time to hear it got cancelled. I enjoyed the new style of animation, and thought it was quite appropriate for the subject matter, I thought the story and characters were well-written and was pleasantly surprised at how well they managed to create the 'mythological' feeling that a lot of the spin-off media from the original Masters of the Universe run had (the audio books, comics, regular books, graphic novels, etc.).

Just out of curiosity the other day, I did a bit of digging to find out if there was a third series 'on hold' as it were, only to find out that another series had not only been planned, but pretty much written and partially animated too.

Not only that, it was going to focus on The Horde as the major villains, with it being rumoured that Skeletor and He-Man would team up in the series finale, with Skeletor defeating his once-mentor Hordak. Just for the record, The Horde were the most awesome villains in the Masters of the Universe world. and, of course, if Hordak and The Horde were to be featured, a certain young lady by the name of Adora, who also happened to have access to the Power of Grayskull wasn't to have been too far behind...

The reason for the series' cancellation? Apparently, Mike Young Productions (the makers of the new cartoon series) dared to make three particular characters that Mattel had not featured in the new toy line into prominent characters in the unfinished series. Whilst these were relatively unknown characters with regards to the original continuity, they were fan favourites.

Clamp Champ and Snout Spout were both late additions to the Heroic Warriors (or Masters, in the 2k2 update), but the Four Horsemen statues of both looked amazing.

The final character providing a point of contention was Scar Glow. My favourite He-Man figure ever from the original series, there is just one image of him as he would've appeared in the cartoon (which I can't find at the moment :( )...

Oh well, just another case of a company's greed getting in the way of a damn good series, I guess!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: