Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:06:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329781 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Console gaming on a monitor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Console gaming on a monitor  (Read 1385 times)
Bassmaster

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2007, 06:05:05 AM »

Hello, I'm interested in getting a vga box to connect my ps2 to a pc monitor. Using a search engine hasn't really given me solid advice on a good product, I don't know exactly what to look for, I'm interested in connecting with either s-video or component cables. I've seen vga boxes that will connect with either s-video or composite, but never component along with anything else (s-video and component for example) I really don't know much about video modes and the difference between the different connections.. also this may be a silly question but, if I were to connect through component are all ps2 games compatable? I know that not every game supports progressive scan but if they don't will they still display video?
Again, sorry if this stuff is elementary.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »

I can't answer your first question, but yes, if you hjook up component, every game will be able to display.

Bassmaster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »

Ok thanks, that's at least good to know and can narrow my search down a bit. I see some reviews for these boxes online but it's always a really mixed bag. Some will say one product is crap for one reason and another will praise it for the same. For example: the s-video looks like garbage - compared with, the composite looked like crap but the s-video was awesome.
This makes my search really confusing.
Again thanks for answering that question though.
Persona2007

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

I have also wanted to do this since the best TV is in the living room which we use for common purposes, but the monitor I have in my office is much nicer than the spare TV.  If I could hook up my PS2 to the flatscreen Odin Sphere would look so much better than it does on the spare yeck tv in the den.

And they shall know no fear...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: