Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332774 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: House  (Read 3035 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 04:28:09 AM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
I'd watch it, but I have a few issues with it:

1. The medical stuff is too rediculously unreal, and "bullshity" that even someone like me who knows nothing about medicine can see that. I mean, I saw one episode where this girl had a TUMOR that made her fatty tissue (ie: tits) burst into flames and burn her... I'm not shitting you. If it's supposed to be campy and unrealistic, then their doing a very bad job of making me think that they know it and are winking at me. Honestly it just feels likey they don't know what the hell their talking about, and really don't care. If you're going to blatently fly in the face of medicine/science, at least have a good reason for doing so.

...what season, which episode? I don't remember anything remotely like that.

2. Everyone besides Hugh Lauri is either a) boring b) an idiot or c) non-existent. Every time Hugh Lauri opens his mouth, it's a party in a can... but every time his trap shuts, the show sucks.

Hugh Laurie is amazing, but I'll always think of him as Berty Wooster.... "I say, there, Jeeves!"

The show is not just about House being an ass, if you didn't notice.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
I'd watch it, but I have a few issues with it:

1. The medical stuff is too rediculously unreal, and "bullshity" that even someone like me who knows nothing about medicine can see that. I mean, I saw one episode where this girl had a TUMOR that made her fatty tissue (ie: tits) burst into flames and burn her... I'm not shitting you.

I don't remember that one. Most of the stuff on the show has a basis in medical fact. Sure they make it more dramatic, or exaggerate a bit, but most of it contains at least a bit of truth.

The episode where they had that girl who was a pseudo-hermaphrodite sounds a bit "ridiculously unreal", but that has at least some basis in medical fact. I mean the book Ring has pseudo-hermaphrodites in it, and all the medical knowledge in that sounds like it isn't science-fiction. So both of them probably aren't making it all up.

And the only episode I've seen where its actually made up is
Code:
the one where House goes mad and starts hallucinating after he's been shot.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 12:32:28 AM »

Code:
Well, of course that was made up, it was a hallucination, unless you're referring to the hallucination itself, in which case I'd like to see you prove you don't hallucinate when you get shot in the neck and gut.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 07:38:53 AM »

I think I'll pass on that, thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: