Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 12:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329213 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  American idol
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: American idol  (Read 6656 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »

So I'm the only one with the cajones to make a topic about it, huh? I KNOW some of you folks are watching.
so...

Who do ya like?
Similar to last year I find myself backing the "rocker" guy. Chris Daughtry should win this competition.
Watching him sing I Walk the Line the other night was amazing. Took a darn boring song and added emotion and power to it. I am aware that Live did a cover of this song as well. I've never heard that version, though.

The only other person I really like is Katherine(sp?) McPhee. She is ridiculously beautiful, and has a great voice.

I was damn happy last night when George Bush jr got voted out. Bucky has to go next.
Taylor is good, but overrated.

opinions?

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:43:01 PM »

I like the hot chick this year. She's hot.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:45:29 PM »

Hell I'm an addict of the show.  I even vote sometimes too.

Like you I'm rooting for Chris.  He's gotten a lot of flack on the internet for not crediting Live for the song since it sounds exactly like their version.  I still like him though.  

I also find myself looking forward to Mandissa and Katherine.  

As for the rest, Ace is hot, but I haven't liked any song he has sung since Father Figure.  Paris gets on my nerves.  People compare her to Fantasia and I have to agree since I couldn't stand her either.    Elliot has a nice voice and I appreciate his honesty about not liking Barry Manilow's work at first.  Taylor is painful to watch but I do like his voice.  You think he's over-rated and I think Kelly Pickler is.  She did horribly the Stevie Wonder night but she did well on the 50s night.  I'm just so tired of her stupid act.  I'm from the south and damn, she makes it look like we are all stupid.      

I'm not impressed with Bucky and I have a feeling he will get the boot within the next few episodes unless they do a country night.  Lisa is on the bottom of my list as well.  She is a good singer but she doesn't have the oomph to carry off the upbeat songs.  She should just stick to ballads.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 02:33:49 PM »

I agree with you about Kelly. I don't think it's an act. She's just a complete bubblehead.
as for the others...
Elliot creeps me out for some reason. he can sing, but he has an odd look about him. Serial killer or something.

I can't stand Paris. She is way overproduced, if you know what I mean. Like shes been prepping for this all her 17 years. Go be a kid, will ya?

Mandissa I didn't care for until Tues. night. She was pretty awesome.

My top 3 would be Chris, Katherine, and Mandissa.

Playing:
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 12:11:34 PM »

So last night was Queen night and it was enjoyable.  I'm glad someone sang "Who Wants to Live Forever"  since it is one of my favorite Queen songs.  I wasn't familiar with some of the songs sung last night like the one Bucky and Chris sang.    Kellie did better than I thought she would though I don't want her to win the competition.   Chris is still my favorite and I still can't believe Mandisa got the boot before Bucky.  

Anyways, I think Bucky should go.  The other two in the bottom 3?  My guess is it will be Ace, Elliot/Paris.

Currently Reading: 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 01:41:18 PM »

The only one that stood out for me last night was Katherine. Then again, she stands out whether she's singing or not. She was great.
I like Chris, but it sounded like every other song of his. While I like most everything he does, his slower songs have been the best. I like what he sang last week and Walk the line the best of all his performances.
I HATE that crazy thing called love song, but Taylor still did his thing well. He is going to win the competition.
I was baffled by Kellie and Paris. Did they have to do the look, too? Odd.
Never like Elliot. Didn't like him last night.
Missed Buckys song, but I still agree it is time for him to go.
I agree with you on the bottom three.

Playing:
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 03:28:42 PM »

.....American Idol has sunk to a new low.

Having AMATEURS....ones that seem to think they're the next Kelly Clarkson (uh, Clay and Reuben anyone?) sing Queen? Way to fucking ruin one of my favorite bands I never tell people I love.

Fucking Cockgobblers.

Seacrest....OUT.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »

Last night was the first time I've watched the show this year...and I picked the worst night possible to start.  Queen has been one of my favorite bands for fucking forever, and none of those singers even came close to doing those songs any justice.  That guy who massacred "We Will Rock You" should be drug out into the street and shot.  The bald motherfucker who sang "Innuendo" should be flogged.

The chick who sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" gets a thumbs up from me, though.  It took balls to get up there and sing that. :P

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »

Honestly, I've never heard a Queen song I didn't hate, so last night would have been torture whether the performances were good or not. I wish they would have picked a different band for their "rock" night. ugh.

Playing:
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »

Kiss sounds like it's of American Idol calibre.

SEACREST......IZZOUT.

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

I don't watch, but Queen rules, so I'm glad I didn't see a bunch of people covering their stuff..heh..

Did anyone do Stone Cold Crazy? Just curious. That's my favorite Queen song.

Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 02:38:36 AM »

I was kind of hoping Chris would, but no, no one did.  Glad Bucky got the axe.  I mean, really, singing Fat-Bottomed Girls on national TV should never be a bad thing, but yet....
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 03:11:50 PM »

The southern girl seems so much the same as the southern girl from last year.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 10:13:15 PM »

I liked the girl from last year better.  Carrie (last year's girl) actually has a good voice and doesn't act stupid.

Currently Reading: 

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 04:52:38 AM »

I was rooting for Chicken Little from the start, but since he's gone, now I'm going for the guy with gray hair.

Everyone is too serious about winning, but that guy is just there for the hell of it. Even though I know he won't win (lyk omg he dont fit teh american idle img), I still think he's the coolest one up there.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: