Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331741 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Revolution to play Genesis and Turbo Grafx games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Revolution to play Genesis and Turbo Grafx games  (Read 5944 times)
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »

This rocks.  Making their titles available for download is a major incentive to invest in getting the console.  Now all I need to know is more about the console itself.

Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 10:45:50 PM »

OMG frakkin awesome news!

I want to play Streets of Rage 2 again! Best beat 'em up game ever, with the best soundtrack ever!

-edit-

Oh and I just remembered, they better put Akumajo Dracula X Rondo of Blood for the Turbografx on that list too, because I've been waiting to play that game like forever.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »

Kinda neat, but either illegally or legally(Like dowloading games you own, but don't want to get out of the closet, or via that website that charges to let you play classic games.) you can already do this on your pc. As a feature each and everyone one of us already has access too I don't really see this as all that big a deal.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 12:26:53 AM »

But quite a few emulators are poor substitutes for the actual console the game was made for. Most of the ones I've used have run the games with poor frame rates and glitchy graphics which led to me just not using them. There is also the problem of coming across incomplete or glitched ROMs.

I imagine, though I'm not 100% sure, that this won't be a problem with the games being on the Revolution.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 12:32:40 AM »

Yeah, it's officially done so it'll likely look better on the Revolution (and on a TV at that) then on the computer. Plus using a controller, supporting the companies, and the fact they may not even be emulating the games that are from Nintendo's systems - they could easily dump the NES, SNES, and N64 onto a chipset ala the PS2 did with the PS1.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

Quote from: "Lyonaz"
I want to play Streets of Rage 2 again! Best beat 'em up game ever, with the best soundtrack ever!

FUCK YES.

...AND GOLDEN AXE.

If the price isn't too high I may just get one on launch. I just wish Master System games were downloadable, my favourite Sonic the Hedgehog is the first one on the SMS.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »

Golden Axe is part of some sort of Sega collection for the PS2.

Oh and another point for the Rev. I never owned any Sega systems and with the Rev I'll be able to play Sonic games on my own console. And not the crappy 50Hz conversions, but speedy 60Hz Sonic! Nice.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:03 AM »

Also, there's just something not as satisfying playing a ROM on the PC as opposed to in front of the TV on the couch with a controller.
drumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 10:41:46 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "drumlord"
It's not 1000 games, but a "best of" selection of Genesis games.

I think the "best of" is for the TG16 games.  The article says "According to Nintendo, over 1,000 games for Sega's Genesis console, released in 1989, will be added to the Revolution's library."

-John

Yeah, GameSpot just lacks a bit in reading comprehension. I made the same mistake on GAF at first but as soon as I re-read the release I saw the "best of" part. For Turbografx is actually just says "games" and doesn't put any quantifier, like all, best of, most, some. I'm betting these deals are fairly recent and they're still hammering out details.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 12:44:48 PM »

I lied this to some friends months ago that you can download sega games on the revo. Who knew that my lie becomes a reality months later. Maybe I am a potential gaming phychic for all we know :p

Honestly, it makes things more exciting though not too surprising. Think about how strong Nintendo and Segas current relationship so I felt it was bound to happen especially considering how things were in the early 90's.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 02:39:07 PM »

Hah, I predicted Sonic games would be released for the Gameboy over 10 years ago! The guy from the store still owns me a free game.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: