Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334690 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Greatest line in an RPG ever!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Greatest line in an RPG ever!  (Read 22149 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »

You know, if you live in an RPG world, you should never name your child Ted. Or Mary, for that matter. It's a death sentence. Now, Ashley, that's a good name. A kid with a name like that is bound to kick ass.

Wearing a red shirt on the Enterprise is a bad idea. Being called Ted in an RPG isn't really that fatal.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2011, 03:41:01 PM »

I can't recall that many JRPG Teds, but they all died. Okay, they both died. Horribly.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »

[

Wearing a red shirt on the Enterprise is a bad idea. Being called Ted in an RPG isn't really that fatal.

And in The Next Generation I think if you're on Deck 16 you're not long for this world. It seems like whenever they'd get attacked Worf would announce heavy casualties on Deck 16.

What was on Deck 16 that made it so dangerous?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »

[

And in The Next Generation I think if you're on Deck 16 you're not long for this world. It seems like whenever they'd get attacked Worf would announce heavy casualties on Deck 16.

http://www.ussenterprise.co.uk/enterprise/entd/entddeck.htm

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »

[

Its probably where the guys in red shirts hung out.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

That's for sure.

I'm also surprised nobody even mentioned "You spoony bard!" Maybe I missed it.

And there's the Persona equivalent of that: "Mark danced crazy!"

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2011, 05:52:09 AM »

[

Nevermind that. Any time there's a battleship in an anime or a JRPG, you do not want to be on that third bridge (they're always losing that sucker).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dkys

keep-yourself@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2011, 04:56:31 PM »

"Astaroth: It cannot be avoided. My soul has been revived! The age of mankind is coming to an end. Joy, sadness, desire... all of it is finished now. I will usher in a glorious new future!

Yuri: Before you do, can I ask a favour?

Astaroth: What do you wish, human?

Yuri: I wish you'd shove it. You know where."

Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts: Covenant. 
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »

I'm gonna go with, "I am Error."

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »

I'm gonna go with, "I am Error."

If all else fails. Use fire.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GarrIguess

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

It's not that funny but Rei from Breath of Fire III says "Don't that beat all?" I crack up. Me and a friend, when things get confusing or tough use that line...anyway.
StarlightDreamer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2011, 07:40:06 AM »

Baldur's Gate II - Life... is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you want? You are... different inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm has prospered, her name is respected and her children are fed and safe. She lived as she thought she should. And now she is dead. Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a good life, but she had no power; she was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?  - Jon Irenicus

You walk as a mortal, taking no advantage from your heritage, from your talents within. So many things of flesh are greater than you. Walk among them, these beasts that are less than you are. See their strength; see how easily you fall to their muscle and skill. Why do you stand for this? Why do you submit to the flesh when death is bred in your bones? Do you realise the power you might hold? When the world of flesh is beneath you, even creatures mysterious and magical will fall! - Jon Irenicus

Fallout 3 - You Shuffle Stepping, Brain eating, Grave Loving Zombie.  Vault Dweller to Mr Crowley.

Luca Blight - "You can round up a million maggots to try to defeat me... but you'll still all just be maggots!"

Everything Lezard Valeth Said in Valkyrie Profile is a great line.

Most everything to come out of Yuri Hyuga's mouth was epic.
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »

It's not that funny but Rei from Breath of Fire III says "Don't that beat all?" I crack up. Me and a friend, when things get confusing or tough use that line...anyway.

Haha. My best friend and me do the same. Rei's our favorite. My favorite line of his is when you fight Mikba at the Northern Checkpoint and Rei says something like "You see, I'm still a kid at heart. If you tell me not to do something, it just makes me want to do it more." That moment's such a crowning moment for him. :)
GarrIguess

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »

Haha. My best friend and me do the same. Rei's our favorite. My favorite line of his is when you fight Mikba at the Northern Checkpoint and Rei says something like "You see, I'm still a kid at heart. If you tell me not to do something, it just makes me want to do it more." That moment's such a crowning moment for him. :)

Pretty much anything Rei said is quote worthy! My favorite character should be pretty obvious, but Rei is easily right behind Garr. BoF III is soo awesome with it's characters.

Is this the quote? "I'm just like a little kid, see? You tell me to sit still and it makes me wanna run around even more."
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »

Dumbassery aside, I know it's been said before, but nothing beats hearing the final boss call out your power of friendship speech like it was ripped straight from a self-help booklet.

For a bit there, Square actually acknowledged the fact that their "power of friendship" stuff was silly. Not quite as funny, but similarly, Squall calls out Laguna in FF8 "This friendship and togetherness stuff doesn't really do much for me, but if it works for you guys..." (or something to that effect). Now they've just fallen back to being much more self-helpy, without any acknowledgement that it's really corny :(

However, and I know it's cliche, but one can never forget Balthier:

"Each day, the world finds new and interesting ways to KILL A MAN!"

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: