Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 01:15:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327653 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Greatest line in an RPG ever!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Greatest line in an RPG ever!  (Read 21337 times)
Yuki.N

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2007, 02:52:07 AM »

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating...take it back!"
Id, Xenogears
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2007, 06:03:08 AM »

i love me some valkyrie profile lines.

Freya:It Seems Your Sins Lay Heavy Upon You Defyer Of Souls...
By The Holy Law You Shall Be Obliterated
Divine Assault...
Ether Strike!

Freya:You fly too close to the sun.

Celes:
Smash the silver chains that binds thee to life!

i dont know why i love this one i just do

Hrist:I have struck home now you shall die.

Hrist:None can withstand this strike.

i better code this one.....
Code:
the one true valkyrie:Feel the screams of the souls! Divine Assult!  Nibelung Valesti!
  <---if you have ever seen this move its excellent

some og2 fare

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2007, 07:50:48 PM »

Atelier Iris 3 ~ Grand Fantasm (that's right, it's originally an "F" in the Japanese title, not "Ph")

Iris: "Nell, you're really starting to sound alot like Keeper!"
Nell: "O Rly?"
Iris: "Yah rly"
Edge: "Yah rly"

I just couldn't believe they put internet speak into the game...that's obviously attributed to the translation, and felt really reminiscent of a fan translation.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »

Damn, and I thought it was bad when Wild Arms 2 used smileys in its English language dialogue.  

Another great line, this one from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Baofu (to Urara/Ulala): You're too needy.  That's why men run away from you, you cross-dressing bitch!

[In the Japanese version, he calls her a "CD onna" or "cash-dispensing lady" (sugar mama in US vernacular) because of her shitty relationship history of always dating, and supporting, deadbeats. ]

Still, "cross-dressing bitch" is just that much funnier.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »

I know it's been 4 years, but I love topics like this and I figure you guys have played more games since.

I just want to add Arc the Lad 2's Paysus town idiot. Does anyone know the exact quote? I don't want to butcher it.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 10:59:07 AM »

In Revelations: Persona when Alana would flirt with demons she'd say, "Ouch, my chest hurts.  Will you rub my chest for me?" 

In Persona: PSP I like the conversation Toro and Ayase have when he confesses and she rejects him.  I don't have the entire convo off hand, but I like Toro's line when he says, "What about you?  What do you like?  You laugh when you aren't happy, you hang out with people you think are stupid, are you so afraid or being alone?" 

I like the character quotes from FF9 like Zidane's Virtue: "You don't need a reason to help people."  One dialogue "bit" I liked in the game was when Zidane goes into an armor shop in Lindblum and says, "What a cheesy suit of armor.  Who would buy this crap?"  Then in a later ATE, Steiner walks into that same armor shop and marvels at what fine armor such a small shop would have.  Oh, and when Steiner tries that pickle and when you visit Lindblum later in the game, the pickle vendor mentions he only had one customer. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

Just about anything that came out of Kaine's mouth in Nier counts as one of the greatest lines ever.

And I'm probably misquoting this slightly, but I don't care, "Wow. The way you said that almost made it sound philosophical." - Chie, Persona 4

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »

"While you were away, my plans have marched steadily forward. Beware, Caesar! Beware, NCR! Soon will dawn the Age of the Toaster!" - The Toaster.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »

"Your clothes. Hand them over."-Stocke from Radiant Historia.

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=112574|0

"Oh, a hunter..."
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 12:44:59 PM »

"HA HA HA" - Tidus, Final Fantasy X

Also,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVL3x72p3rg
with
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrlM3nYzFg
being the standout line.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »

The blue plates are nice but the brown ones seem to last longer.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

Two of my favorites from Tales of the Abyss:

"You're blue, have weird ears, sound like a girl, and breathe fire... You're a thing." Luke talking about Mieu

"The poor thing must've been terrified. She screamed, "I'll kill you bastards!" as she fell." Ion talking about Anise

Everything's Eventual
Elincia

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »

Kaine, Nier opening :

"Weiss you dumbass, you better start making sense you rotten book, or you're gonna be sorry. Maybe I'll rip your pages out one by one, or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnance. How can someone with such a big, smart brain be hypnotized like a little bitch, huh? Oh, Shadowlord, I love you Shadowlord. Come over here and give Weiss a big sloppy kiss, Shadowlord. Now pull you're head out of your goddamn ass and start fucking helping us!"

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »

Fill this chest with your tears because it is empty! - Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

(Actually, any of the treasure chest lines are gold)

Also, this is one of my favorite lines from Nier, but only because of it's delivery (it's also spoiler heavy)

Code:
Stop? Stop? You want me to stop? You think I have the luxury to stop? You cut down my sister like an animal, and you tell me to STOP? No one stops! It's way too late to stop! NO ONE STOOOOOOOOPSS!

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »

Kaine, Nier opening :

"Weiss you dumbass, you better start making sense you rotten book, or you're gonna be sorry. Maybe I'll rip your pages out one by one, or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnance. How can someone with such a big, smart brain be hypnotized like a little bitch, huh? Oh, Shadowlord, I love you Shadowlord. Come over here and give Weiss a big sloppy kiss, Shadowlord. Now pull you're head out of your goddamn ass and start fucking helping us!"

As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't fall into the clever category, nor the "so bad its good" category. To me its just a bunch of unnecessary swearing.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: