Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331871 Posts in 13591 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass  (Read 3603 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2006, 04:10:49 PM »

The announcement. I was going to say 2D Zelda was dead, but afterw atching GameSpot's trailer, this is honestly only a little more 3D than New Super Mario Bros. is. Can't wait.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »

Sounds interesting, and looks good too. Definately interested in this installment of the series.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 04:39:55 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, sea travelling returns. I'm not crazy about doing that again, but it looks nice. This marks the first 3D Zelda title on a handheld, hurrah.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 05:15:57 PM »

I'm excited to see that you can make notes on the map.  That is awesome.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

This looks very, very cool indeed. I'm officially looking forward to it!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:12:55 PM »

Looks promising. I thought for sure they would have announced another Four Swords esque game, so I was really quite surprised.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

Looks like good implementation of the stylus, what with drawing a path for the boomerang to follow and mapping your way across the sea charts. Hotness.
LHX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 08:09:50 AM »

why navi why

that talking hat in minish cap was a way better character

navi was almost enough to make me not play the n64 joints

i call bluffs
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 03:46:07 PM »

Quote from: "LHX"
navi was almost enough to make me not play the n64 joints

Really? She was annoying, but not that annoying!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 08:21:45 PM »

Iíve lost interest in the Zelda series since Ocarina of Time. Itís not that the latest installments had become that bad, but the series have lost something essential in comparison with the first episodes.
Juan_Blue

Bluejuan85@aol.com Bluejuan85@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 07:05:10 PM »

I am so getting this one. This will be my third Zelda title for a handheld. I still admire the cartoony look I thought it died after Wind Waker.

Currently Playing:
Call of Duty 4 (PS3), Persona 3: FES (PS2), Tales of Eternia (PSP)

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 09:46:19 PM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"
Iíve lost interest in the Zelda series since Ocarina of Time. Itís not that the latest installments had become that bad, but the series have lost something essential in comparison with the first episodes.

I somewhat agree. I thought Wind Waker recaptured some of the Zelda charm, but ever since Miyamoto handed the creative control of the series over to Eiji Aonuma I have had a harder time feeling that Zelda feeling. Especially with the Capcom games. However the series remains tremendously fun so I keep on playing.

I do have high hopes for Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess. I don't think I'll be let down by any means, but I'm hoping the Zelda charm will make a humongous come back.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 12:09:31 PM »

It looks like a spin-off of the Wind Waker.  By that I mean it looks like it's relatively the same world just as Majora's Mask was about the same world as OoT.  Very interesting though.

I would have to agree that Zelda seems to be losing it's touch a little bit.  I always remembered Zelda games to be bringing new challenges and such with each installment.  Since OoT, it seems like they're just re-using everything.  The games seem more like the exact same Zelda game with a slightly different story, and even there it doesn't differentiate much!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Citan

jfdumoulin@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 06:34:04 PM »

I agree with that as well. I've been replaying the first games of the series recently and I can't help but wonder: "Why can't every Zelda game be like these?". Heck, even Zelda II, often seen as the black sheep, has a certain charm. It may have gotten away from the puzzle formula, but at least THEY TRIED SOMETHING NEW with each instalment (I'm looking at YOU Capcom and your Oracle games...).

Even though I have had fun with it, I truly believe that Ocarina of Time is seriously overrated. It's just that it wasn't what I wanted a Zelda 64 to be...And even though they fixed the controls and made the combats actually FUN in Wind Waker, sailing became so irritating that I was wondering if I wasn't playing a fishing game made by Nintendo and starring Link...

Minish Cap really surprised me. The storyline is nothing special (evil wizard threatens to destroy Hyrule, the princess is in danger, blablabla), but it definitely has that A Link to the Past feel (my favorite game of all time), which is a good thing. I wish it was longer.

I don't care about cel-shading or "realistic" visuals. As long as Nintendo can make a game with countless dungeons and less boring fetch quests (the beginning of Ocarina of Time, the triforce hunt in WW, having to do a series of pointless sub-quests before entering virtually every dungeons in the Oracle games, etc...), then I'm in. However, the series seriously needs a breath of fresh air (perhaps Zelda Revolution will bring that...).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: