Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 02:04:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341131 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Tomb Raider: Anniversary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider: Anniversary  (Read 927 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 10:49:45 PM »

Anyone else interested in this (or for the UK folk, already have it)? I'm going to check this out on GameTap, this looks to be one of the most needed remakes ever.
thesearingstar

thesearingstar
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 09:50:37 PM »

I "grabbed" it for PC. Quite honestly, I'm interested in checking it out on PS2. I hear that the visuals are on par with its PC counter-part and that much like God of War 2, TRA really showcases the PS2's strengths.

As you said, Eusis, the game is a "much needed remake". Unlike Ninja Gaiden Sigma or some of the other ridiculous suggestions people have made, Tomb Raider is over a decade old now and has never really reached the same level the original did. Now that it's all dolled up and tricked out with a much better, more fluid control scheme I think it's truly an outstanding title. I haven't gotten too far in the game, but certainly far enough to say that it's worth renting or picking up. It's not as though anyone plays Tomb Raider for the deep plot and strong characterization, heh. It's a blast and certainly borrows from Prince of Persia in how acrobatic Lara has become. Then again, I think Prince of Persia probably borrowed from Tomb Raider during its inception. If that's the case, things have come full circle.

Whatever the case may be, while Legends was a solid game, Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a fully realized game and another good note for the PS2 to go out on in addition to God of War 2.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: