Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 06:59:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327633 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  THUNDER.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: THUNDER.....  (Read 1045 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »

THUNDER....
THUNDER...!
THUNDERCATS!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:29:20 AM »

I'd heard there was a Thundercats project in the works... I was personally hoping for a new cartoon series, like they did with He-Man, but don't get me wrong, any Thundercats is better than none!

The problem is, without building some hype, a movie will not work. Kids won't watch it because they won't know anything about Thundercats... In other words, why should they care? The people who are old enough to remember it won't watch it because it's been aimed at the the kids who don't care about it!

Sorry, but as much as I want to look forward to this... It's gonna be a monumental flop that will kill off any posibility of the revival this franchise deserved.

Transformers worked because there's a lot of high-quality stuff doing the rounds (notably the IDW & DW comic series', although the less-good cartoons served to keep the property alive in the eyes of the kids who buy the merchandise). To suddenly revive a 20-year-old property, and aim it at the same demographic it was aimed at then (ie, 6-12 year-olds) is financial suicide. It's gonna take an amazing merchandising campaign that is going to lack the one key feature almost every successful toy line of the past 25 years has had: A regular 30-min advert (aka, a TV series.). Think TMNT, Transformers, Go-Bots, Visionaries, He-Man, My Little Pony, GI Joe/Action Force, Gem and the Holograms, The Batman, JLU, even the original Thundercats... They all had their regular TV series, and their toy sales rocketed because of it.

And they've got a video game director directing it??? Seriously, does the studio even want this thing to succeed?

Anyways, rant over. Like I said, good news that they're making new Thundercats stuff, just a real big shame they're doing it the wrong way!

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »

I can virtually guarantee that Cartoon Network will be showing Thundercats a hell of a lot more when the movie release is drawing near.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:48:56 AM »

Quote from: "Evil Gately"
The Batman,

Fuck "The Batman". Fuck it in it's dirty ass. There is only one Batman and his name is Batman. There is no "The" in front of his name. He is simply Batman.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:09:50 AM »

But I'd rather have "The Batman", in all its KidsWB glory, "The" and all, than no Batman/Justice League (as this is where the series is headed) at all...

The same with the CG TMNT film. I actually quite liked it. It was nice and dark, the characters stayed pretty true to how they should be, and it was visually very nice.

I get the feeling that I'm gonna feel the same way about a Thundercats CG film, too. I want it to do well, I want it to be good, something tells me it's just not gonna set the movie world alight the way it should! :(

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: