Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:08:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319634 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  .hack anime series
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: .hack anime series  (Read 3247 times)
concrete donkey

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2007, 08:13:12 AM »

this isnt an official game question, but its related.. i was just wondering if anybody has seen the .hack//sign anime series and is it worth getting? i love the .hack games and if the anime fleshes out the story, i would buy it. anybody?
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:47:03 AM »

For .hack//SIGN, you'd have to check it out for yourself. I thought it was pretty boring, probably due to my dislikes of MMOs though.
Chibs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:55:45 AM »

My better half has just ordered it!  Will be here Monday, so watch this space ;)

I'm new! Please don't bite me! ^_^
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:30:27 AM »

I didn't particularly care for the series...mainly because of their love of the "we're not going to tell you anything about what's going on" style of writing.

If it's done well, it really pulls me in and encourages me to see the series through to the end. .hack//sign, however, did not do this well. At all.

I dunno...if you're a fan of the series, give it a shot. I was really disappointed with it, but perhaps you'll enjoy it to a certain degree.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:40:57 AM »

.hack spread itself too thin period. Cut both the games and the anime down to half the size, and it'd be better. I suppose the padding helps for the MMO thing in a weird way, at least for the game, but meh.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »

I really didn't like the way they expressed the dialogue in the show. It felt like they were speaking to the audience instead of to each other. Too much expositional type of talk.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 04:53:39 AM »

I greatly enjoyed the series.

concrete donkey

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:28:21 AM »

yeah, i bought the .hack//sign series yesterday. im up to ep.8 and im pretty impressed. its awesome to see all the areas you play in the game in the anime! im very happy with my purchase.

has anyone seen .hack//roots yet? the first dvd has just come out in australia.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »

I watched about I think half of roots and it was pretty good but it moved very slowly.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »

I enjoyed .Hack//SIGN, but like most people, I found painfully slow-moving and boring a lot of the time. A lot of episodes the characters sit around basically repeating everything that's already known, and the series would have been a lot better on a 13-episode or so format.

One thing that few can deny, though, is that .Hack//SIGN has one of the greatest soundtracks in anime.

Unless you're patient or you can stomach several episodes a day, you probably don't want to watch it.

I watched .Hack//Roots too. I'm a big fan of .hack. Still, this series fell short on a few areas.

First, the characters were pretty shallow. Unlike .Hack//SIGN, which was interesting not only for the story, but also for what you learn about the characters as the series progresses, .Hack//Roots had boring and lame characters most of the time. Probably the worst part of this is that the characters don't feel very human at all, especially the main character. His actions don't make much sense and are overly angsty. The character in SIGN were characters you can actually understand a little. The only character I found really interesting was Phyllo. If the series actually focused on telling you something about the characters rather than keeping all of them mysterious and cool, the series would be decently impacting. The way it is, it's just a normal action series.

Second, the soundtrack was unique and catchy at times, but it kept playing at the most unnecessary of times. It just felt out of place and ruined the mood all the time. It's not particularly good, either. Just really...weird. Well, it's definitely impressive.

Personally I don't think it moves very slowly, especially when compared to SIGN. There's a decent amount of actual action and fighting in the series instead of sitting around talking back and forth. As far as plot pacing goes, it's probably worse than SIGN, mainly because there's no real plot. The entire series is dedicated to setting up things for the game, instead of trying to be its own story like SIGN.
Kishou

kishou_91@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 03:22:21 AM »

Yeah I've seen .hack//SIGN ,  I thought the story was kinda unique & creative , but like other people said the anime gets pretty boring from episode 12 to 20.
Dominion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

Roots looks interesting, but I thought Sign was boring and moved far too slowly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: