Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340965 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Heheh, read this...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heheh, read this...  (Read 2064 times)
Galactic

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.04/learn.html

"LVL 60 Troll Shaman on World of Warcraft" has officially made it on to the Galactic resume...

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.

^_-;
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:19:43 PM »

Saw this earlier today on Digg.com and I have to say....that's mighty fuckin tempting.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »

I find that interesting.  Who would have thought running a guild would be so useful for acquiring job skills?

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:08:54 AM »

I often point out some of the crap I do online to make myself a better candidate for a job.  If nothing else, it shows employers that you can work with others to succeed at a given task.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:53:20 AM »

This reads like a weak attempt to justify what is basically just a really good hobby. Claiming that video games gives one job skills is just blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 02:40:25 AM »

Actually, a good hobby can help you get a job. My dad runs the local 'schutterij', a group of people who organise the carnival, birdshooting (not real birds, calm down) and other events in town. Potential employers are always interested in it, because it shows he has leadershipskills and the like. Is running a guild (a succesfull guild with hundres of members), that much different? It's just that games are not as widely accepted as shooting wooden birds...
Ruem

pccullum patrickcullum
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »

Quote from: "Shooichi"
This reads like a weak attempt to justify what is basically just a really good hobby. Claiming that video games gives one job skills is just blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

The FAA is real.
The guy who hired this WoW fellow for Yahoo said he got hired partially for his experience in a videogame.

I mean, that's it. It's not like their trying to convince us he's gonna be a senator in a few years. Fuck trying to look into the positive points, let's go back to claiming that video games gives kids gun skills in just blowing all the schools to kingdom come.

--Ruem
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: