Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327990 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wild Arms series
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Wild Arms series  (Read 5018 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 04:25:10 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
We can save the remake argument for a more fitting thread, but this one should probably live long enough for the guy to get his suggestions.

I did give my suggestions. You two are the ones attacking me about it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 04:27:59 AM »

... I noticed I forgot to make the I at the start of my first post I'd. Whether that'd change anything, who knows. But I'm not being overly aggressive here, and we can just forget how this started and drop the issue entirely.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 04:32:37 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"
We can save the remake argument for a more fitting thread, but this one should probably live long enough for the guy to get his suggestions.

I did give my suggestions. You two are the ones attacking me about it.

Nobody "attacked" you. I pointed out your failure at understanding what "bias" meant and said your logic sucks (which it does). Nowhere in there was an attack, and if you see any of it as such, you need to get a spine and some thicker skin.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 04:37:50 AM »

And you need to stop picking apart every single post I make on this forum. You've done it since I got here and it's goddamn annoying.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 04:40:42 AM »

I wouldn't be able to do it if you wrote anything sensical within your posts, now would I?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 04:41:41 AM »

Nice to see I'm being ignored here. Or taken too literally since it's not remakes anymore.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 09:25:28 AM »

So... Wild Arms?  

In terms of getting the earlier titles, remake or not, just get whatever one(s) you can find more easily and are less expensive.  Accessibility and cost, baby, yeah!  

The remake argument can be made about "OMG George Lucas ruined Star Wars with his multiple remakes!" but that doesn't stop them from being fun and entertaining movies.  

And isn't having some fun and being entertained what gaming is all about?  I've only played the first Wild Arms game and some of the 3rd and though they're not "top tier" or "groundbreaking" RPGs, they were pretty fun and entertaining.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 10:11:08 AM »

If I see you idiots derail yet another topic with this pointless "lolz a remake" bullshit anytime soon, I'm banning.  It's that simple.  A page and a half of stupidity that has nothing to do with the original point of the thread ain't gonna cut it.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »

I'm going to take what I can get, e.g., Wild Arms 1 (PSX) or Wild Arms Alter Code F (PS2 Remake); I'm betting on the WA:ACF, but even that seems pretty rare these days, but only very few EB Games or Gamestops actually have a PSX bin anymore.

Should I feel bad for selling Wild Arms 2, when I found it 2-3 years ago, and hardly broke a profit? I mean, did I miss out from not even playing it?

Wild Arms V is definitely going to be me on my to-do, if and when it ever comes out, especially after given Wild Arms 4.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 04:12:07 PM »

I really liked 2, but quite a few reviews blasted it. Arguably though, it was worth keeping just to see the assholes incorporating smilies into the localization.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »

It had some odd characters too, like those lizards that dog you through the game.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »

I really liked 2, but quite a few reviews blasted it. Arguably though, it was worth keeping just to see the assholes incorporating smilies into the localization.

...what? They stuck smilies into your text boxes?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:24 PM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"

...what? They stuck smilies into your text boxes?

Yup. It was overall a pretty poor translation.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:35 PM »

im a huge fan of the wild arms series. i got my introduction with WA3 and havent played 1 or 2 yet(but i hear anastasia is awesome) but one of the things i like about the WA series is the role reversal both WA 3 and 4 have females in a position of leadership. and in WA3 i never would of expected a big buff indian dude with a shotgun to be the party's best mage :D
WA5 is curently my most anticipated rpg since i loved the WA4 battle system.  doesn't that come out in july or something?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 07:18:17 PM »

You see, Wild Arms 4 has really turned me view of the series around, so I'm thinking of taking a look back at the rest of the games.

That's probably the best in the series, just because it has Raquel and a great battle system. But it also has little in common with the rest of the series. Save for some outfit designs it doesn't even have the series trademark western theme. Still, you said you gave up on 3 and I can say it's easily the worst of the games so you may like 1 and 2. I'd say remake over 1 myself. The original's battle system moves kinda slow and as a first gen PS game it looks absolutely hideous.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: