Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334806 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How are the PSP RPGS anyway?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How are the PSP RPGS anyway?  (Read 1440 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:17:17 AM »

I've heard Ys is good but has brutal load times.

Poplocrois is good but pretty "trad".

Tales.....I'm not sure I'll bother with.

Breath of Fire 3 - I'll probably run through it once for fun. Been ages since I've played it.

Am I leaving anything out?

(Besides the obvious homebrew PS1 games)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 05:38:10 AM »

If you like beat-em-ups, both X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are worth a run-through on the PSP.  Lenneth is a great pick.  Most of the stuff I play for my PSP tends to not be RPGs, though.  Both Metal Gear Ac!d games are great, and cheap, now.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 05:50:39 AM »

Gurumin's a PSP port of a Falcom PC action RPG. It's pretty fun, though it might've been a bit better on the PS2. I'd recommend it, especially since it's only $20 now.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
If you like beat-em-ups, both X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are worth a run-through on the PSP.  Lenneth is a great pick.  Most of the stuff I play for my PSP tends to not be RPGs, though.  Both Metal Gear Ac!d games are great, and cheap, now.

I'm more interested in MGS Portable Ops, as I *loved* MGS3.

Is XMen Legends anything like Age of Apocaplypse? I played that on PS2 and enjoyed it.

I don't know Gurumin - but I'll look into it, thanks.

I haven't forgotten about Crisis Core, but that's ages away yet.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »

Ys bored the crap out of me. I was so uninterested in the plot after awhile, I ended up skipping the dialogue without hearing what a lot of characters had to say. I didn't care anymore, and I just wanted to slashy-slashy, and finish the damn game already!

They're pretty bad about relaying your next objective, and about how to defeat some of the bosses; the giant rock cave wall lion, you're only able to attack it by charging up and releasing your Lightning Sword Magic. I had to experiment with every last option I had in order to find its weakness.
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 03:24:57 PM »

If you haven't played Ys VI or Valkyrie Profile yet, you should definitely pick them up. I really enjoyed Ys, and you can drastically reduce the load times by playing it off the memory stick instead of the UMD.

Quote from: "Bernhardt"
They're pretty bad about relaying your next objective, and about how to defeat some of the bosses; the giant rock cave wall lion, you're only able to attack it by charging up and releasing your Lightning Sword Magic. I had to experiment with every last option I had in order to find its weakness.

Ys games have never given hints on how to defeat bosses.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 01:59:12 AM »

Tales of Eternia.

Seriously, if you never played the original, play it now. It's amazing as a hand-held RPG.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 02:58:17 AM »

Quote from: "Morwan"
If you haven't played Ys VI or Valkyrie Profile yet, you should definitely pick them up. I really enjoyed Ys, and you can drastically reduce the load times by playing it off the memory stick instead of the UMD.

Well, I played VP on the PS1 ages and ages ago, so I'm not in a rush to get to it yet, but I will eventually. Thanks though.

I probably will check out Ys at some point.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: