Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 02:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319161 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Very Saddest games...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: The Very Saddest games...  (Read 19555 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2007, 07:44:19 PM »

Quote from: "Urban Sketch"
The first time I fought that boss, I started to skip through his dialogue and chose to join him by accident. Whoops.

Capcom's final kick in the nuts.... usually the "bad" ending choice is the first one. =P
Code:
Mind you, its fun kicking your party's ass in BoFIV

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »

Illusion of Gaia, repeatedly.  Poison, pork, enemy characters burning to death...

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2007, 03:22:23 PM »

Oooh! Illusion of Gaia reminds me of the most depressing ending of all time, and that's from Terrinigma. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but if it has I'm mentioning it again, dammit!

Code:
I mean, any game where you find out that the elder of the village is the incarnation of evil and has been misleading you the whole time, your wisecracking spirit guide is an ass, your former girlfriend tries to kill you, and you DIE AND FADE AWAY in the game's ending fits my description of most emo game ever.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »

Also in PSII, it's not like you actually finally killed Dark Force anyway. I mean, it's really sort of debatable as to whether or not it's even killable.

Anyway yeah, the pig bit from IoG. The inherent WTFishness and a bit of absurdity just make it really surprising.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »

I still think Valkyrie Profile is the saddest and most depressing RPG I've played.  Yes, they become warriors for Valhalla, but the ending is super depressing when you play VP2.  

****Spoilers********
Code:
I mean, when the future is completely destroyed, and only one human being remains (a pedophile, for that matter), how can that not be depressing?

Also, I found the WoR in FFVI to be so god awfully depressing.  Luckily the mood lightens up, though.

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Currenty Playing (PC) - Nothing...Ever
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »

Oh for god's sake please use the Code tag to hide your spoilers. I'd appreciate not being spoilt on a game I have yet to beat because I accidentally read them.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2007, 12:38:11 AM »

Tria, you may want to read this and this before posting further.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2007, 03:44:59 AM »

To be fair, you talked about the absurdity of SO3's story in "My Favorite Part About Idiotic Fanboys" without spoilers.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2007, 03:56:45 AM »

Not that I'd necessarily agree with this viewpoint, but it could be argued that the game's been out for nearly 3 years, and as such the statute of limitations has run out. I personally think it should be avoided unless it's common knowledge or close enough, such as Aeris dying, but might put something like, say,
Code:
Tseng 'died' in the Ancient's Temple
in code, despite having happened earlier in the game and apparently being partially undone for the PC version, then fully with Advent Children.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2007, 07:04:59 AM »

If you haven't played the game by now you won't give a damn about spoilers. Plus, I doubt "RUN THROUGH THE TV" means much without context.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
but might put something like, say, (sorta spoiler maybe)

That was actually due entirely to bad translation apparently.
Code:
In the Japanese version, it was apparently much clearer that he was just injured and not dead, but for some reason that wasn't conveyed in the English one.

Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »

Oh for god's sake please use the Code tag to hide your spoilers. I'd appreciate not being spoilt on a game I have yet to beat because I accidentally read them.

My god, everybody complains about everything on this board.

I never knew how to use that "Code Tag" stuff anyways (sorry, but not everybody is a technical genius who can deduce what one single computer term word means).  I tried to figure it out before, but for some odd reason, the single word "CODE" obviously doesn't point out that it is used for hiding things I don't want unwilling people to read.  

Now I know.  I'd appreciate a politer response next time.  I'm sick of all of these rude, pretentious, and sarcastic comments around these boards.  I put spoiler tags (it's not everyday someone puts continuous asterisks anyways, so it should be sort of obvious, anyways).  It's also used all over the internet too when in context with spoilers in video games.  So I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal here, too.

Yes, I apologize for you accidentally reading that.  I'm sorry.  But still.  My God.

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Currenty Playing (PC) - Nothing...Ever
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »

Quote from: "Tria"

I never knew how to use that "Code Tag" stuff anyways (sorry, but not everybody is a technical genius who can deduce what one single computer term word means).  I tried to figure it out before, but for some odd reason, the single word "CODE" obviously doesn't point out that it is used for hiding things I don't want unwilling people to read.  

Now I know.  I'd appreciate a politer response next time.  I'm sick of all of these rude, pretentious, and sarcastic comments around these boards.  I put spoiler tags (it's not everyday someone puts continuous asterisks anyways, so it should be sort of obvious, anyways).  It's also used all over the internet too when in context with spoilers in video games.  So I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal here, too.

Yes, I apologize for you accidentally reading that.  I'm sorry.  But still.  My God.

Normally I'd side with you but geez...it's there right in the rules how you use the code button! Plus c'mon! Buck up a little. You aren't a real man (or woman) of the internet unless you've beens savagely flamed at least once. And this wasn't even a savage flame. More like a mild sunburn. I've seen these guys do WAY worse.

Internet....SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2007, 08:04:28 PM »

Quote from: "Tria"

As an editor of the site, you ought to be aware. As someone who had started but not yet completed VP1&2 and then read the word "pedophile" (big eye-catcher) in your post, it was a spoiler for me. I'm gonna go edit the post with the code tag now.

For the record, it's [ CODE ]   blahblah [ /CODE ] (minus the spaces).

Ramza

Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2007, 09:30:24 PM »

Ramza, you're a technical genius for knowing that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: