Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 04:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340816 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Daath - Georgia's newest (and best) export.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Daath - Georgia's newest (and best) export.  (Read 1354 times)
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »

Last March saw the release of one of the most refreshing metal albums I've had the pleasure of hearing in years. Daath's debut album "The Hinderers" proved to be something fresh and original, yet somehow familiar. Most notable is their seemingly flawless songwriting ability. The guitar work stands out above all other, crafting soundscapes of both technical prowess and unrelenting precision. The music Daath creates delves a bit into all and masterfully blends everything great that metal has to offer. They never lean too far in any direction, keeping a steady change of pace.

Personally, the songs sound like Chuck Schuldiner, Mikael Åkerfeldt, and Alexi Laiho sat down together and this album popped out. Highly recommended for any fan of superior songwriting and a must for a metal fan.

http://www.daathmusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/daath
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »

Daath is awesome. I bought the album a few weeks ago and hope to see them live.
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:59:40 AM »

They're billed to play with Nile in Huntington, WV (about an hour from here) on August 23rd. Hopefully I'll have the time to wrap my head around that one. Seen Nile back in 2003 on the Art of Noise II tour. If Daath can rock their album out as good as in the studio, there's no doubt that Daath will be the highlight.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »

Cool. Always looking for recommendations.

I'll check it out .

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: