Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 04:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332943 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Book Thread Continued
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 102 Print
Author Topic: Book Thread Continued  (Read 284404 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: December 31, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »

Just started reading the Discworld series. I started with Rincewind. Interesting stuff so far.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1426 on: January 05, 2014, 09:11:50 PM »

Slowly making my way through Mistborn book 2.  I just finished chapter 40 when
Code:
Vin discovers OreSeur's vulnerability to certain allomancy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:40:55 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: January 15, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »

You guys convinced me. I bought the first Mistborn book, and will start it up after I finish Cosmos. Sagan rocks.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: January 16, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »

Just started reading the Discworld series. I started with Rincewind. Interesting stuff so far.

I'm in the minority, but I think the Rincewind books are all the weakest.  Give me Granny Weatherwax any day.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 17, 2014, 12:52:57 AM »

If it makes you feel better, I actually thought that the Rincewind books being weak was the majority opinion.  I've only read a couple of books in the series personally, because I haven't managed to collect up enough of the books that go together.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: January 26, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »

I'm in the minority, but I think the Rincewind books are all the weakest.  Give me Granny Weatherwax any day.

Yeah that is the opinion of most people I know. I wanted to start at the beginning though, to learn a  bit more about the world. I moved on to the Death storyline. I like him better.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1431 on: January 26, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »

I just hit a pivotal, relevatory, and really intense, chapter in Mistborn book 2.  It's chapter 47.
Code:
OreSeur.  OreSeur was the fucking plant the whole time!  I did NOT see that coming!  Oh, and how she somehow used the subtleties of atium against Zane in that epic battle was sweet!

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 26, 2014, 10:15:35 PM »

That was a big one, I agree.  A friend just told me the other day that he had finished book 1, and we're having lunch this weekend.  I'm going to have to remind myself of what happened in that one and what came later...

I read a book recently called Red Claw, by Philip Palmer.  It's sci-fi, and it was pretty decent, although it got off to a fairly slow start.I may have to look up some more of his work.

Then I started The Hound of the D'Urbervilles, a book that follows Moriarty's criminal exploits.  Some are from Holmes stories, some aren't.  I'm not super-far in, but I like it so far.

I'm now reading graphic novel collections of the comic series Unwritten.  (I was lucky enough to find volumes 1-7 plus "The Ship That Sank Twice" at a local library.)  It's excellent, but a little difficult to describe.  It's kind of about the power of stories.

—Kurt Vonnegut
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: January 30, 2014, 04:06:13 AM »

I am a fan of the city watch.  Perhaps it appeals to the mystery lover in me.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1434 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »

Just finished Mistborn book 2.  Great book, though I'm left with a million questions.  Some events just seemed to happen suddenly and seemingly inexplicably, but I feel like everything will come together and make sense in book 3. 

I'm debating whether to just start book 3 or read a short "palate cleanser" book in between. 

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 06, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »

I think you're right that all will be revealed in book 3.

It's always tough to decide if you should go straight to the next in a series or not.  I read that whole series straight through and enjoyed it, but if you feel that you may be getting burned out, feel free to take a break.  It'll be there when you get back.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1436 on: February 06, 2014, 04:37:44 PM »

I ain't burnt out and just got through the prologue and chapter 1.  I think after this I'll need a palate cleanser book. 

One thing I like is that book 3 has summaries of books 1 and 2.  I wish the Song of Ice and Fire series had summaries of previous books like that. 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:58 PM »

Sounds like I'm getting into some heavy stuff by starting this series. I like that!

I'm slowing moving along with Cosmos, though, so it may be awhile before i get to Mistborn.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1438 on: March 03, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »

Chugging along through Mistborn book 3.  I just finished chapter 8 where
Code:
Vin has a delightful conversation with a koloss who's named himself Human.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: March 04, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »

Words of Radiance, book 2 in the Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson hits shelves today. Finally! I've been waiting for this book for ages now!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 102 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: