Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  I lost another cat today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I lost another cat today  (Read 950 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:35:02 PM »

In the five years since I moved to Korea, I've lost four cats. The last one being today.

One due to old age (she was 20)

One due to poor health

One due to I don't know what - parents were away and I was at the house taking care of the cats. Cat disappeared for three days, then I found it dead in the basement.

One had bone cancer...fuck.  This one was the nicest cat I've ever had.
Wicked disposition. California surfer cat. Whatever. Found out today his back leg stiopped working last week and he wouldn't eat. Not too pleased about his final days....and the fact I didn't get to see him after Xmas.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 01:56:16 PM »

It's not easy to lose a pet, I feel for you there.  I've grown up with 2 dogs for almost all of my life.  I lost one of them a few years ago, she was old, deaf and blind and one day just disappeared.  I live very close to a highway, but we never found her or anything that resembled her.  My other dog is about 16/17 now and is getting to the point where she almost can't walk anymore.  She falls down when she walks and struggles to get up on her own.  It's sad when the animals you have grown up with meet their time, but it's the way of life I suppose.  Sorry to hear about your cats, atleast you'll always have the good memories.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.

My oldest cat, she's about 16 or 17, is getting close to passing soon. I'm going to have to put her to sleep. It makes me sad thinking about it, but I live in the city, and it's my only option. She ended up getting diabetes a few years ago, and I've had to give her an insulin shot everyday.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »

Ugh...  One of my cats died of breast cancer since I have moved to the United Kingdom.  She was only nine...  She had a few years left in her.  But she had breathing problems her whole life.

A few years ago...  The most precious cat I have ever had died.  She was very special to me, because all of our other cats were especially mean to her.  They wouldn't let her near the food, so she was undernourished.  They wouldn't let her near the litter box, so she was forced to use the bathroom in the corner of the living room.

Anyway, she developed a breathing and eye infection which added to the pain she had in her legs already since she had rickets from malnutrition.  I remember coming home one day from work...  Or school or something.  Anyway, she had been sleeping on some random spot on the floor and when she heard me come in, she turned her head up to look at me.  I sat down in front of her and she stood up.

She had such a hard time standing.  Her legs were shaking and she could barely hold her own weight.  She crawled into my lap and just laid there.  I knew there wasn't much time left.  After sitting with her for a minute, I picked her up and set her on a blanket.

The next morning, my sister woke me up by screaming.  I woke up and knew what was going on.  I was directed into the room where the cat was sleeping by my sister's wailing "the cat's dead, she's dead, is she dead."

I knew she was because she wasn't breathing.  But I had to kneel down and make sure she was gone.  I will never forget the feeling of running my hand over one of my best friends to only feel the stiff hand of rigor mortis already set in.

I fucking wept so long.

Sorry, I don't know why I typed all of that out.  I mean, it's not a TALK ALL ABOUT YOUR DEAD CATS thread.  I just know what it's like to lose a cat.  And I know that it sucks.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 04:35:53 AM »

Bonecancer... that is a horrible way for a cat to spend his last days. Losing a pet is always a sad thing, but it hurts so much more when you have to see them suffer.

My pets seem to like dying in horrible ways, they rarely go peacefully. We couldn't keep our first cat, because my brother was allergic. I don't remember much of her, but she had lovely silver fur and these big golden eyes. I remember she liked to share the basket with our dog (Bukkie, who also had to go). My parents gave Zilver to another family, but she walked for days to get back to us. But by the time she got here, she was in such a poor condition we had to let her go. Bukkie moved to a farm, ate ratpoison and died.

My first rabbit died in my arms. She was only six years old, but she had all kinds of problems. Because her bowels weren't working properly I had to give her a bath everyday. One day, I was washing her and she suddenly screached (the most horrible sound I've ever heard) and became limb. She died in my arms.

A year or so later, I took in someone's unwanted rabbit. She was an small albino, just like my first rabbit. She was weak, so I gave her a cage inside the house, but a few months later she became very ill. It was all very sudden, her lungs were dying because of some killer infection. When we came back from the vet, she started having spasms. I took her in my arms, because I didn't want her to hurt herself. She died.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 01:15:02 PM »

Massive R.I.P.age to all pets mentioned in this thread. It's always sad when a pet dies, we buried a friend of mine's cat a few days ago.

I've had some fairly tragic animal deaths as well in my household. My first dog, Pepper, had a tumor in his throat which made his breath smell horrible even though he was otherwise still quite functional and very active up until the end. He lasted about 4 or 5 months after we discovered it, during the course of which it was really sad to see him gradually worsen, because it was so easy to see (and smell, UGH).

Also, when I was about... 10 or so, I bought a bearded dragon. A couple weeks after purchasing it, after we ran out of the food we bought with him, we went back to the store where some dumbass Petco employee told us he would be old enough to start eating mealie worms. So imagine my horror when I found out that the mealie worms I had been feeding my pet were actually not being digested, and were alive inside his stomach, essentially eating him from the inside. Fuck Petco!
Zebulun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:10:06 AM »

We had a cat drown in our cistern. He had gotten up on an old dresser in the basement and must have jumped right over into the water. I woke up to splashing and horrific “MEOAWWS!” The cistern wall was much too high to go and jump in after him. So he drowned with us helpless to anything about it. It was quite the awful experience.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 12:09:12 AM »

I hope you're holding up Lard, and everyone else of course.

Our dog, Trixie, died yesterday. She was 11 years old, but for a dog her size (she was a Bichon Frise just under 11 pounds) we thought we would have had at least 5 more years left with her. Usually she would get really excited when I was about to feed her and she would start snorting and hyperventilating. This time I didn't think any different of it because it was something that happened almost everyday. But right as I'm bringing the can opener to the edge of the can, her back legs just drop out. And then her front legs. Really, I thought (in my naive state) she would be fine so I rushed her to the vet.

I'm pretty sure she died on the way there because I swore I saw her breathing faintly (albeit with a gray tongue and bleary eyes) but once the vet had a chance to look at her it was just far too late. The vet told me it was congenital heart failure and there was truly nothing we could have done to help her condition. It was really unreal losing her, but I know she lived a decent lifetime and lived in better conditions that most humans in the world. We'll always remember how gentle she was and that she "grew up" with my sister and I. You go girl.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »

Found out last night that a friend of mine died on Sunday from cancer.

Awesome, awesome week.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: