Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334535 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass  (Read 3099 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 07:09:58 PM »

I recall hearing the same. Just as well, I think we can wait something like 10 years before we have another that follows the LttP/OoT model. Heck, this would've been the better topic for how Zelda can/should change to be fresh again.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »

I'm a huge fan of the traditional Zelda formula. The series is almost uniformly excellent. If I could change one thing about it, it would be adding a difficulty level high than "dur A button."

I don't like the idea of not getting another "normal" Zelda. It makes me sad :( :( :( :(

[/url]
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 07:32:38 PM »

Well everluck, I'm not precisely sure where I heard the quote, but I remember it being a pretty well known comment.

I also enjoy the traditional Zelda formula, but Nintendo often pushes certain development teams to repeat and surpass their last creation. Sakurai got tired of it at HAL with Kirby and Smash Bros, and actually quit Nintendo. They hired him again with his own personal team for Brawl, though.

I'm sure the core gameplay of Zelda will still be there, that is exploring and finding puzzle filled dungeons. I just think that the controls or structure of the game may be different.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »

That's what I really think has to be done. Keep true to the basic concept of Zelda and what inspired it in the first place - poking around the countryside and exploring what's there - and rebuild for new hardware and controls. No one wants to see Zelda made into a minigame compilation, strategy game, or whatever, it needs to be an adventure, and that should be re-examined and redesigned accordingly.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 07:38:10 PM »

I'm not too keen on this whole scribbling method of control.  I'll have to play it before I pass judgment, but I don't really see how this would be superior to using standard controls.  It just seems so...gimmicky.

Of course, if I could actually keep track of a stylus for more than a month, I might be more positive about it. :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »

Well, there are parts where, while not necessitating flat out /removing/ it, the touch screen is useful. Making notes on the map, drawing to solve puzzles, making the boomerang useful in a 2D game again, etc.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: