Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319664 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  IT'S INDIANA JONES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IT'S INDIANA JONES  (Read 1431 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »

A picture of Harrision Ford on set finally made its way onto the intertubes.  I have to say, he's not looking as decrepit as I feared he would.  Ponce had it all wrong; the fountain of youth obviously involves fucking women half your age.

To say I'm looking forward to this movie is an understatement.  "Raiders of the Lost Ark" has been one of my favorite movies since I was barely out of diapers.  The first time I skipped school, it was to go watch "The Last Crusade" in the theater.  I hope it kicks ass, and I hope Lucas doesn't rub his taint all over it and turn it into some CGI shitfest.

Chibs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »

Like most films nowadays, I'm looking forward to this movie but am getting myself ready to be disappointed.

A lovely shot of Harrison there looking a bit bored and tired ;)  Caption Competition anyone?

I'm new! Please don't bite me! ^_^
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 02:19:35 PM »

Yeah, it better not end up cgi'd to death. The cool thing about old school jones was all the action was stunts and handmade prop stuff(like the boulder chase), and it all rocked. I also hope they don't PC it up a lot. Jones was pretty mysoginistic in a way, but it was all in that old movie style. I liked his banter between his flings in the movies.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:25:43 PM »

Please be good please be good please be good please be good.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Please be good please be good please be good please be good.

[/url]
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »

Aah, chilled monkey brains.  

Kali Maaaaaaaaahhhhhh!  Shakti Daaaaaaaay!  

Hey, I had to quote Temple of Doom in an Indiana Jones thread especially since that got no mention yet.

(And no, monkey brains aren't eaten in India.  Because of the character Hanuman in the Ramayana epic, monkeys are a sacred animal in India along with cattle and snakes.  In some parts of India, rats are sacred too.  From what I understand, monkey brains are a delicacy in some parts of China and Africa.)

Still, the Indiana Jones series has had to tread cautiously after Temple of Doom, which was banned in India for obvious reasons.  And in all the Indiana Jones movies, there is some kind of 'terrorist/evil' organization that Indy finds himself up against.  For example, the Nazis in Crusade and Mola Ram's Kali cult in Temple.  

I would think with the state of the world being what it is now what with war, terrorism, and all that, it wouldn't surprise me if the new Indiana Jones movie would tread cautiously with regards to being more politically correct.  However, I also think that because of the state of the world, now is a pretty good time for a Jones movie.

I approve of this nonsense!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 01:11:23 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
I hope it kicks ass, and I hope Lucas doesn't rub his taint all over it and turn it into some CGI shitfest.

I read they were going to make the whip CGI until Ford threatened to quit.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kyotin
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 02:45:06 AM »

Too bad Short Round is older now

He was the coolest
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: