Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341197 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Games these days
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Games these days  (Read 1969 times)
Amore

amorousbadass
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:16:55 PM »

Well I was walking around Game stop looking for used ps2 games that seemed interesting, but I found myself not really being interested in anything. At one point I shouted "Who is making these video games?" and then I was asked to leave the store.

Anyway, for those of you who have played a lot of ps2 games what would you recommend?

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine...
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:29:42 PM »

What kinds of games are you looking for?

If you're interested in action, go the God of War route. Black I've heard was a pretty good last-gen FPS, too.

There's Metal Gear Solid, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Ratchet and Clank, Guitar Hero, Jak and Daxter... the list goes on.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps2/ is a good place to look.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »

1. What are your tastes, what do you want from a game? We could very well suggest something we think is awesome but you'd consider trash.

2. LOL at screaming in a game store. What the fuck.
Amore

amorousbadass
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 09:53:44 PM »

Oh yeah, hmm I like a bunch of games. I liked Narc for the NES, and Streets of Rage for Genesis.

Something with developed plot and/or fun gameplay. Hmm, I tend not to like Tom Clancy games very much.

But .hack// caught my eye, did any of you guys enjoy it? My internet has been on the fritz so I haven't been able to look it up. Oh, and my friend let me borrow Xenosaga and it's pretty fun so far.

Oh, and the store thing wasn't as bad as my friend who got banned for walking in blasting a boom box.

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine...
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 03:07:14 AM »

Quote from: "Amore"
...Xenosaga...it's pretty fun so far.

...seriously, WTF is wrong with you?
Zebulun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:59 AM »

Hey, Xenosaga is great, you plebeian. =p

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »

Well....for something random and weird - try Mister Mosquito.

Lego Star Wars is fun. LSW 2 is better as it's the original trilogy.

I can't really recommend any scifi RPGs because Xenosaga is about it really.

Well you could try Digital Devil Saga.

One thing you might like is Shadow Hearts. It's an RPG that stands out enough on its own from the sword/sorcery genre.

Like driving games? (just asking)

Okami is a good adventure game with a cool interface.

You could always try picking up some PS1 games for your PS2, if you don't already have a bunch.

Just trying to throw out some different ideas.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:24:07 PM »

I gotta agree with the others, I mean, depends on what your tastes are, waht specific things you might really hate.  With how cheap PS2 games are, I mean Id say just look through reviews on this site and any others you trust and then look for those, read up on em, etc.  

Thats what I do before I buy something.  

And I dunno, I probably would have laughed and yelled "Yeah!" Just cause i'm like that.  

I mean, I tend to think i'm not very biased and will point out both good and bads of a game even if I enjoy it or find it as one of my favorites (aka Suikoden V) so I suppose if you have any questions you can feel free to PM me about some games or whatnot.

Otherwise yeah, you gotta give us a little more info there bud.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: