Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 12:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331733 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Soul Calibur IV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Soul Calibur IV  (Read 1541 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »

I know there's a lot of love here on the boards for the Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur series, so I thought the official announcement of SC IV would draw some interest. Here's the video for those of you who haven't caught it yet:

At under a minute, it doesn't really show a lot. All it confirms is that the game will be on the PS3 and the 360, released sometime 2008 and Ivy, Mitsurugi and Nightmare all return. I'm not sure who will be wielding the Soul Edge, but judging by the following picture, I personally think it could be Raphael. The purple line through the centre of the Soul Edge is almost reminiscent of a rapier...

Raphael ending up in possession of the Edge (or should that be in the possession of?) fits with the story from SCIII, too.

The Calibur, however, seems to now be in the hands of Siegfried, rather than Xianguah, as can be seen from this picture:

Again, this fits with the story from the previous game.

It's good to see that one of my favourite characters, Ivy, is returning, and also that Siegfried is heavily hinted at (by the Soul Calibur's form). Other returning characters I'd like to see include Killik, Tira and Cervantes. Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:17:49 AM »

Ivy's boobs have become planets.

[/url]
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:03:34 AM »

Did they have plastic surgeons in the 17th century???

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »

Quote from: "Evil Gately"
Did they have plastic surgeons in the 17th century???

Nah she's a sorceress, she used dark magic.
For me that video showed nothing, I really hope SC4 is good, 3 was such a dissapointment for me.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »

That entire trailer was for Ivy's new boobs to be introduced.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 09:39:51 PM »

SC3 was disapointing only because a couple characters such as sophitia were breoken and the tournament mode AI was also broken. i just hope setsuka returns. the only character i hope doesnt return is night terror he joins the ranks of cheap fighting game bosses.

edit:after watching the video i hope they either release it in arcades first or have updates to the game via xbl and psn

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »

Seems that fortunately I did not try 3, although the create a character looked exceptionally fun. (I really enjoy that)

Im rarely a fan of fighting games, this is one of the few I will gladly purchase and play regularly as its just so much fun.  I do sincerely hope they do an excellent job on IV, and hopefully on all consoles, as I think it would be interesting with the Wii, and I have a 360 so haha.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: