Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338037 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence  (Read 5926 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 12:03:23 AM »

Picking this up, though I can't get the LE. Anyone else getting this and can go online with their PS2? Hopefully Multiplayer'll be fun.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 03:49:14 AM »

Yes to both. I'll get it and go online with it. <3

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 06:01:35 AM »

I got this for my brother, though I may just take it from him...

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »

How anyone can play a Substance version of MG or even MG for that mater this days is beyond me, I honestly thought MG3 was utter waffle on the developers behalf. Splinter Cell is just as capable of pioneering the stealth genre now, or even Red Ninja :P

PLus I dont think Substance is getting a Euro release :/

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 09:26:46 PM »

See, that's the thing, the flavors of stealth are different. Splinter Cell feels more 'realistic' and like a sim, while MGS is more arcade-like. Plus I like the stories in MGS: I haven't played through any Splinter Cell game to the end, but if any of them have great stories, then by all means prove me wrong. It's all subjective though, so that'd help more if several others posted. :P

Plus just because on game's better doesn't mean we just ignore the 'inferior' one. If we used that logic, we'd just get one game of each genre and sub-genre, and call it a day.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:58:13 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Plus I like the stories in MGS:

cry, I was never intelligent enough to understand what Hideo Kojima was talking about, but your right the stories are more enjoyable in MGS simply becuase I think 90% of people are sick of the terrorist shite in 101% of games today...

Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 01:40:59 AM »

Quote from: "Starbreaker"
cry, I was never retarded enough to understand what Hideo Kojima was talking about, but your right the stories are more enjoyable in MGS simply becuase I think 90% of people are sick of the terrorist shite in 101% of games today...

Fixed.

Hideo Kojima is a fucking hack.

I still enjoy MGS more than Splinter Cell if I skip the cutscenes.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »

Yeah, I have the LE Subsistence on pre-order and I'm sure it'll be great. I'm eager to see how multiplayer will turn out and the additional goodies packed in. I enjoyed the storylines in the previous installments. The only problem I have is that it's right in the middle of a ton of other games I want to play too. :(

I <3 Hideo Kojima.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 12:12:06 PM »

Quote from: "Lilim"
I <3 Hideo Kojima.

I dunno, I hate to see him in charge of a country, don't think too many of us would be here, we'd all be nuked too fuck!

Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 01:24:30 PM »

I dunno, I hate to see him in charge of a country, don't think too many of us would be here, we'd all be nuked too fuck!

True, but it would be with lots of melodrama and stylish action cuts! Hopefully, no naked Raiden..... x.x
ILuSt1

ilustriousk
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »

I have it pre ordered, but as for going online - im not sure if i can go online while my hard drive is installed?! shhhhhh. Ive never tried it before

Currently Playing (rpg): Grandia II
Recently Finished (rpg): La Pucelle Tactics

Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy (ps2)
Recently Finished: Dead or Alive 4 (360)
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »

I agree. While playing MGS 2 those cut scenes annoyed the hell out of me on many accounts. MGS 3 was just too much. Without spoling much of the game, suffice to say that
Code:
a single woman soldier being responsable for the outcome of WWII
and the
Code:
Cuban crisis missile being just a ruse for getting back a scientist
amongst plenty of other stupidities just were a bit too much for me. In the end, though, I always end up enjoying the games, and the after game always somewhat redeems itself with some socking - or at least trilling - revelations. I really liked knowing the whole
Code:
Big Boss
story for instance.
Jest

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 04:29:15 AM »

I'll probably pick this up if only for the originals that are included in the package. Finally being able to play MG:Solid Snake will be like a dream come true. I've wanted to take on Grey Fox fisticuffs style since I first read about it in MGS.

I also never did get around to playing Snake Eater, so hopefully I'll get to check that out as well; but I'm really only excited about Solid Snake.

Peace Out
Jest
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »

Game came out today, and I got my copy. Not LE, due to funds and the fact the store only got /one/ in. No matter, just making a save was enough to completely open up the demo theater anyway.

Didn't make much progress, and mostly just dabbled in the things there are to do. I think I'll play more of the single player and get used to playing it again before I seriously play online.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »

I picked up my copy yesterday, and luckily got the Limited Edition. Haven't had a chance to play yet... stupid history papers. The box art is cool though.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: