Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  WoW + lonely Aussie women = teh jailz, yo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WoW + lonely Aussie women = teh jailz, yo  (Read 1324 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2007, 07:07:13 PM »

Queen lyrics come to mind:  just one year of love is better than a lifetime alone...
unless you're this poor soul.

Just two quick comments before I burn my meal:

1.  Busting someone for kidnapping your son after you paid for their ticket is a dick move.

2.  How the hell does a 31-year-old fall for a 17-year-old at all, much less through a video game?  Hell, I'm just a few years younger than she is, and I can barely hold a conversation with the people I play WoW with because they're all so young and fucking stupid.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:20:58 PM »

You'd be surprised how many women in their "dirty thirties" and older seek out barely legal guys for boy toys.  "Cougars" those women are called, I believe.  It's not that uncommon for women in their 30s and 40s to want to snag an 18-21 year old boy and "teach them a thing or two."  

And don't forget that well known court case of that thirty-something teacher who had an affair with one of her middle school students and got pregnant with his kid.  That's some twisted May-December shit, I tell you what.

In any case, with the whole flying the woman in from Australia and have the cops lie in ambush, that had to be one supremely expensive set-up.  How in blue blazes did this family get that kind of bankroll to play with another person's life like that?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:14:09 AM »

Yeah, don't cops have murders to solve, or you know, real crimes to prevent? Anyway, that's a shame, she's not too bad looking, and it could have been a great success story for WOW, "Play World of Warcraft! Get sum 'tang!". Lord knows that's not the usual story.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 09:56:51 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is the first time WoW and sexual acts have ever been linked together in a news story.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 06:05:08 AM »

im only 27 but i can tell you that the desire to procreate is quite strong at times.....

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »

I have to agree, it's pretty much entrapment.

Alisha, surely you can find *one* guy in your country who's not 17yo you'd like to procreate with?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 02:26:46 PM »

I need to get into this WoW shit so I can hook up with old ladies. Damn!

Quote from: "Lard"

Yeah, I wonder how far this will get in court.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »

So like, me being a former WoW player and all, I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would ever want to meet another WoW player that they didn't know beforehand.  And yes, I say this in part because of my somewhat disturbing ordeal of picking up the BC expansion pack on the release night with the unbathed (literally speaking, unfortunately) masses.  

This isn't even including romance, which as far as I'm concerned should never, ever happen as a result of WoW.  I understand Dincrest's point, but at the same time even if an older woman does want a fling with a younger man, why go to all the effort of heading to another continent? :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 11:02:51 AM »

Quote from: "Willy Elektrix"
I need to get into this WoW shit so I can hook up with old ladies. Damn!

Quote from: "Lard"

Yeah, I wonder how far this will get in court.

It will probably go pretty far since it isn't entrapment. Entrapment is a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials. There are a few reasons its not entrapment. The first is that she wasn't tricked by law enforcement, though it could be said that law enforcement was behind it or it could be argued that law enforcement was contacted afterwards. This is an important point.

The second is whether she would not have been tricked into it except by law enforcement. In this case it is the same as "tricking" any other pedophile into going to a home where a young person is said to be. They already had the idea, they were just given the means. Entrapment cases usually use the "reasonable person" standard. Would a reasonable person do X if given Y. If the answer is no, then it isn't entrapment. So would a reasonable person buy that pound of crack to resell if they weren't given 1 million dollars for it from a police officer. The most famous entrapment case that comes to mind is Deloreoun(sp?) the guy that created that car from Back to the Future.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 08:32:35 PM »

Quote from: "Murdoc"
Yeah, don't cops have murders to solve, or you know, real crimes to prevent?

Yeah, but they're only going to go after the ones that they know they can catch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: