Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319051 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Lineage 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lineage 2  (Read 1334 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2007, 05:00:06 AM »

Well, I always said to myself that I'd never play an MMORPG as I've never seen one that looked interesting enough - and I'm just not into level grinding with no plot....

But now I have *five* different people bugging me to play Lineage 2 with them. I'm considering it.....but it just seems like a typical MMORPG - level grinding with no story. Is it worth it?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 03:17:35 AM »

Hell no.  Here's why:
    [*]Infamously bad level grind. Possibly the worst out of any MMORPG on the planet. Around 30-40 it gets to the point where TNL is more than the total experience you've earned to get to your current level.
    [*]Infamously bad item grind. Expect to spend months farming for mats when you want to start synthing highlevel shit.
    [*]Terrible PVP. If someone ganks you repeatedly, they gain 'karma', which means that other players can gank them without penalty. Except nobody does. When I played for two weeks, there was a level 60 guy who just went around ganking all the low level guys, and nobody did anything.
    [*]Adena farmers. Ties into the terrible PVP system, they're usually deleveled (they get all the skills from a high level and kill themselves to delevel, keeping the skills) and will gank the shit out of you if you get too close.
    [*]Worthless GMs. They don't do SHIT, and it's rumored that many of them are in league with the Adena farmers. Back when I was playing there was a thread (with screenshots) about two guys who were blatantly violating the griefing rules by ganking and then force-quitting, and the GMs pretty much stood by and did nothing.
    [*]NCSoft doesn't care about the US community. Go read the official forums yourself.
    [/list]

There's a lot of other shit that's wrong with it. Unless you're on a private server, don't touch the damn game.
    Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »

but it just seems like a typical MMORPG - level grinding with no story

That's exactly what it is.
    Lard

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 09:47:15 AM »

So I realised I hadn't played this in almost 2 months.....and I was bored when I was.

Deleted it.

Crap.

Pure crap.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
    Pages: [1] Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to: