Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Blizzard Technical Support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blizzard Technical Support  (Read 1527 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2007, 05:15:04 PM »

So certain realms are having problems logging people in. Nothing new, usually happens after a patch.

Well since my Paladin is sitting at the cusp of 40 I'm getting pretty anxious to get my fuckin mount. I hopped on the Tech Support forums to see if there was an update on what was going on. Seeing no threads directly from the Blues i jump into a thread titled "Unable to Connect" in which the poster says he can log into his alts server but cant into his main server. (Hey sounds like the same problem I am having....Dark Iron works just fine, Norgannon and Shadowsong do not).

This is what I saw:

Please first try power-cycling the router and modem. First, turn off the computer, then unplug the router and modem from the power. Wait about 15-20sec then plug in the modem. Wait for the modem lights to become solid, then power up the router. Wait for the router lights to become solid, then start up the computer.

If the problem persists; I encourage you to first try the following:

With the game closed try moving or deleting your WTF, CACHE and Interface folders from your World of Warcraft directory. These folders will be recreated with default values the next time you run the game. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if necessary.

If the issue does continue, it is most likely firewall or security application related. These programs will often recognize the game as a new program after it is patched and therefore must be reconfigured. Please keep in mind that simply disabling them can still cause connection issues. Try removing any previous exceptions/ports and add them again. If you have difficulties reconfiguring your security software you should contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Yes, because power cycling a person's network and removing their interface folder will fix a problem logging into ONE SERVER.

Wow, Copy and Paste = Tech Support Mastery.

Now is that a talent learned ability or is it trained?

All I want is a fucking answer as to 1) How long I will have problems signing into Norgannon and 2) why this problem keeps occuring and 3) why does it take 10 hours to run server maintenance.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »

I can log on to Norgannon just fine.  Maybe you should do what the man says. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »

Now it's working, but the lag is crazy in the Eastern Kingdoms, but strangely not in Kalimdor and Outlands.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »

I really just think it's crazy patch day stuff is all.  I was playing my lock earlier and my fucking drain beams were shooting all over the screen. :P

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »

Heh, yeah that seems to be the way customer service is nowadays unless you get live chat or live phone support, and even then, sometimes you have to literally type one word at a time so they can figure it out.

Its probably a money issue or a safety issue so they don't give out the wrong tech support and then get sued, but its still annoying as fuck.  Especially when you call up certain tech supports, and you can barely understand the Indenglish as I like to call it.

Least you got back on though, good luck with your Paladin Dade

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: