Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 08:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  A Touch Detective sequel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Touch Detective sequel?  (Read 1433 times)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1217.html

I'll admit, I'm kinda surprised Atlus is choosing to publish a Touch Detective sequel.  I did like the first game, but in looking at all the various press reviews, everyone else pretty much slammed it.  I don't think it sold too well either.  Seems a bit of a risk to publish a sequel to a game that wasn't very well received.  

I guess as long as the sequel makes the puzzles less random (I spent a lot of time going around in circles), doesn't resort to minute pixel hunting, and expands the number of explorable areas it should be an improvement.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »

Been playing Touch Dectective (still on case 1) and I am enjoying it. It did seem critics were too critical for what it is, but thats there opinion. I am a little surprised Atlus will publish the sequels, and maybe they will play safe by releasing even fewer copies for those who like the first game to hunt it down, but tough call. Atlus rocks.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »

I'll buy it.  I rather liked the first game, especially the art style.  I feel like I must support adventure gaming.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:58:31 PM »

For what it's worth, here's my review.  I'm pretty sure I gave it one of the higher scores among press reviewers.  

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/touchdetective/index.html

I never understood why critics were so peeved about the air pump on the landlady puzzle.  
Code:
Cromwell gives you hints, so showing him the air pump made him say it belonged to the landlady so of course you'll give it to her.  

This puzzle was a bit annoying, though.  
Code:
I thought the spiderweb on the butterfly net puzzle was silly, arbitrary, and it took me forever to find the web.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: