Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340990 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  What the fuck is Cloverfield???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What the fuck is Cloverfield???  (Read 3351 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2007, 05:18:02 AM »

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

Produced by JJ Abrams (Lost)
Monster attack
Shot in shitty Blair Witch style
SLUSHO!!

What the fuck.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

Nobody knows what it is yet.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:41:43 PM »

Oh i know that.....I'm just intrigued by all the talk and the crazy ass viral sites around it.

That slusho link i put up there is a website about a fictional Slurpie/Squishie drink that was originally introduced in Alias. And now all of a sudden in the teaser for Cloverfield one of the characters is wearing a Slusho shirt that shares the same logo as the site that was just recently opened.

Reading the history of Slusho on the site has me probably the most interested.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »

Yeah, I've been curious about this as well as soon as I saw the trailer at Transformers.  Went home that night and started looking things up and was like...wow...lots of effort into this one.

Still..favorite part has to be the head of the statue of liberty slamming into the street next to the guy with the camera.  I lawled.

Anyways, I know everyone in the theatre I was in was like GODZILLA! and I was like...I hope not.

And your right Dade, the info on the Slusho site is kind of like..wtf, but also like very interesting and awesomeish.  The site itself though just makes me laugh...hehe.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »

Yes- I am very interested in this. I loved that trailer.

Also, more info: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33104

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »

Yeah so most of the websites I've been reading have debunked a lot of theories as to what this "monster" is gonna be.

Some people were thinking:

Voltron (the guy in the trailer MIGHT be saying "It's a lion! I saw it!"). Not happening, someone else is working on it.

It's not Godzilla -- rights holders have basically said they wont even think about Godzilla until like 2010 after the last piece of shit.

The movie is not Gears of War. New Line currently owns the rights to the upcoming movie.

And it sure as hell isnt Ghostbuster's 3. Dan Akroyd has been working on that for a while now.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"

And it sure as hell isnt Ghostbuster's 3. Dan Akroyd has been working on that for a while now.

That trailer would make a more interesting Ghostbusters film than that evil painting/pink snot shit from the last one. :P

Also, I find it sad that people are automatically assuming it's a new version of something old.  That says a lot about Hollywood, I guess. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 07:00:56 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Quote from: "Dade"

That trailer would make a more interesting Ghostbusters film than that evil painting/pink snot shit from the last one. :P

Also, I find it sad that people are automatically assuming it's a new version of something old.  That says a lot about Hollywood, I guess. :P

Well well....

http://projectcloverfield.com/2007/07/12/1-18-08-monster-is-finally-revealed/

Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »

A buddy of mine called me up about how much this movie was up my alley, and I can't say I'm not intrigued. The fact that it comes out on my birthday fascinates me even more.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:55 AM »

Is Bad Robot J J Abram's company? Their logo always came up at the end of Lost, I've never heard of them anywhere else.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »

Quote from: "Alexander"
A buddy of mine called me up about how much this movie was up my alley, and I can't say I'm not intrigued. The fact that it comes out on my birthday fascinates me even more.

We share the same birthday? Lolz, here's a digital cookie:

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
Is Bad Robot J J Abram's company? Their logo always came up at the end of Lost, I've never heard of them anywhere else.

Yeah and was also the production company that did Alias as well. The thing with Bad Robot is....you can totally see this movie being more than it seems.

You could say......it's more than meets the eye.

Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »

Hmm, I don't know how many are familiar with a series of books and an 80s BBC television series called -The Tripods-, but I've heard it was going to be made into a feature film in the next year or so. It's about Alien Tripods(three legged), who conquer the world and enslave the population through mind control, then it goes 100 years later and the earth is set back to a middle ages of sorts.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »

Everluck, I think the only adequate response I can give you is a monkey knife fight. ^_^

http://placeyourbets.ytmnd.com/

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 03:56:08 AM »

Just to make you all drool.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: