Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319176 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  Board Information & Rules
| | |-+  RPGFan Rules
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Rules  (Read 68707 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:24:31 AM »

Picture and Avatar rules:

Please keep inline images to one of the standard picture or chat threads.  Broadband has expanded greatly since the initial posting of these rules, but we still strive to be bandwidth-friendly.

Avatars can be a maximum of 100X100, and signatures may be a maximum of 450wx150h.  The combined size of your avatar and signature must be 250k or under, and either can be animated as long as you meet these size requirements.  PNG, GIF, and JPEG are all acceptable - no SWF Flash files.

Do not include massive animations in your posts.  Ever.

Piracy:

We here at RPGFan do not support piracy in the least.  Please do not request or post about Emulators, ROMs, ISOs, etc, or information relating to anything of the sort.  This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted music, console and PC games, and feature films.  We support these industries both as an outlet and consumers ourselves.  We expect you to do the same.  Thanks.

Usernames:

Usernames should contain nothing offensive and be relegated to twenty characters or less.  We reserve the right to change your username at any time.

Bannings:

We reserve the right to ban you at any time for any reason.  You know that wonderful first amendment argument you think about every time someone says you can't do something online?  Yeah, apparently you slept through high school government class on that one.  The first amendment applies to public forums, like city hall etc, and the government.  This is not a public forum, nor are we the government.  As this is our private forum, we can edit your posts, ban you, or do any number of things.  If you don't like it, too bad.

Language:

While swearing is not against the rules on our boards, keep it within a normal spectrum.  Constantly swearing is going to do nothing but gain my ire.  Racism, Sexism, or anything of the like will not be tolerated, jokingly or not.  RPGFan is a PG website; posts in general threads should be appropriate for 13 year old users.

More rules to come
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:52:13 PM by KeeperX » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:12:31 PM »

Flaming
Insulting someone solely for the sake of provocation.  That's a no-no.

Reviving Dead Topics
If a conversation has played itself out already, don't try to kick it back to life.  If a topic hasn't been posted in for a month or more, consider it D.O.A.

Multiple Posts
Every single person has the ability to edit any post they make here.  As such, there is absolutely no reason to see two or three posts in a row by the same person.  If you have something to say that you forgot to mention in your post, just edit it in instead of posting again.  Or better yet, think long and hard before you hit that submit button in the first place.

Multiple Accounts
There is no need for one person to have more than one account on these boards.  You'll be banned immediately if caught.  If you happen to share an IP address with someone (i.e. two accounts for two people who live in the same household), I recommend you make it clear that you are two seperate people.  How you do this is up to you.

Policing
As of this posting, there are fifteen people on these message boards with the ability to moderate, most of whom are forum regulars.  With so many enforcers present on these boards, the last thing we need is some random board member to take it upon themselves to tell someone if they've broken some board rule.  Trust me, if someone does something wrong, it'll be seen.  We'll take care of it faster and more efficiently than you ever could, and we'll look better doing it.

Spam
We have two distinct definitions for spam here:

1.  Making a topic that exists only to advertise something.  (whether it's your website, your birthday, etc)
2.  Making a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I personally find this to be the most annoying thing done on the internet.  Hope and pray I'm not the one who catches you if you do this.

"Introductory" Threads
There is a long history of cracking down on introductory threads on these boards.  It's not because we don't want you to feel welcome; there are better ways of making yourself known than an attention seeking "HI I'M NEW =^.^=" thread dedicated to yourself.  If you want to make yourself known here, contribute.  Make a meaningful post on any of our lovely threads or start a worthwhile topic of your own.

Authorization Code

In order to cut back on the amount of spam these boards receive, we require a registering user to input a simple authorization code before they can submit their account information.  All you need to do is type the following case-sensitive text:

Code:
RPGFan

Contact an administrator if you have problems.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:38:36 PM »

Flaming
Insulting someone solely for the sake of provocation.  That's a no-no.

FYI, this is still a rule.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:25:46 AM »

RPGFan Rules!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:35:49 AM »

Ok I'm locking this again.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:49:36 AM »

Hi Folks,

I've seen a lot more threads recently with a boatload of inline images and content that's not quite appropriate.  Please note that we have several pictures threads.  Feel free to start another if you have a set of images that doesn't fit into the current "Random and Amazing" or similar threads.  While Broadband has expanded greatly since the original rules post five years ago, we still want to try to be as bandwidth friendly as possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
-John

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 10:33:39 PM »

FYI Guys, keep signature images at 200K or under for consideration for those on mobile or with bandwidth caps.  I've removed a couple of 3MB+ images today.

Thanks!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: