Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:42:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338194 Posts in 13845 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Researchers Develop Neuro-Chips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Researchers Develop Neuro-Chips  (Read 1558 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:59:28 PM »

Ghost in the Shell seem a lot more plausible now.

I think this is pretty cool actually, though I did find it funny at the end of the article where it says they're working on a way to not damage the neurons during the process.

Discuss?
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »

The problem is that everybody's brain is different. You'd have to find the "right place" to connect it to.
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:45:07 PM »

Won't be long before "Lil' Jimmy" gets a chip in his brain that'll stop him from groping classmates.  :)

drumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I think this is pretty cool actually, though I did find it funny at the end of the article where it says they're working on a way to not damage the neurons during the process.

Translation: Don't be an early adopter.

In fact, there are a TON of sci-fi things we may eventually invent you won't want to be an early adopter for: anti-gravity (smoosh!), teleportation (flies!), medical nanobots ("let's kill all the white blood cells"), DNA alteration (I'm now a man-pig!), and so on.

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:59:36 PM »

Quote from: "drumlord"

In fact, there are a TON of sci-fi things we may eventually invent you won't want to be an early adopter for: anti-gravity (smoosh!), teleportation (flies!), medical nanobots ("let's kill all the white blood cells"), DNA alteration (I'm now a man-pig!), and so on.

You just made me totally forget what I was going to say, and re-reading the article just makes me think of man-pigs. :P

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: