Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 10:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329237 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 69656 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »

Starting the topic since it'll be out this week, and I've got it ordered from Amazon.

I've got some questions to ask for importers and the like though: Is there a time limit on the main dungeon, or is it that you have X number of floors you can go through at once? Also, will the game keep going on at the end, as in I have an infinite number of days, or do I have a finite number of days like Pikmin?
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »

I played the english version. There is no time limit in a dungeon, but you can get fatigued if you fight too many times or something of that sort. You can see you enemies so you can avoice them. You can escape the floor by finding the teleporter which is on about every floor. Every few floors, you find a device you can activate to return to the floor anytime. Those are usually in boss rooms.

You do have a limited amount of days, but it is a lot though. You start from April and the final Day is December 31st. I didn't finish the game yet though.

Cool that you preordered, great game.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Only a couple more days. This is my most anticipated RPG of the year.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
You do have a limited amount of days, but it is a lot though. You start from April and the final Day is December 31st.

That's incorrect... the final day (for tower exploration) is January 31st.  There is an important decision on December 31st which can lead to the Bad Ending, but it's not the last day in the game, no.  Technically speaking, the game ends in the first week of March 2010.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
You do have a limited amount of days, but it is a lot though. You start from April and the final Day is December 31st.

That's incorrect... the final day (for tower exploration) is January 31st.  There is an important decision on December 31st which can lead to the Bad Ending, but it's not the last day in the game, no.  Technically speaking, the game ends in the first week of March 2010.

Oops, thank you for the correction. Like I said, I have not beaten it yet so got my facts warped. I knew there was some decision, but didn't realize there was more afterwards.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 10:26:05 PM »

No worries, hehe.  As for the rest of Eusis' questions...

Is there a time limit on the main dungeon, or is it that you have X number of floors you can go through at once?

The latter, basically.  For example, on June 13th, Elizabeth will allow you to ascend beyond Floor 40 of Tartarus, but you cannot proceed higher than Floor 67 until July 9th.  It's possible to complete all of the objectives between Floors 40 and 67 within a couple days (or more, if you're a slower and/or less skilled gamer, perhaps) so during the remaining time, you can revisit the tower to grind exp/money, etc.  Or you don't have to.  It's up to you.

The whole "time limit" deal seems imposing, but in reality, it's not a big deal.  You can grind until your heart's content; the only downside is that the longer you stay in the tower, your characters will become "tired," and this decreases their damage output and makes them take more damage as a result.  Sometimes "tired" characters become "sick" too, which renders them all but useless in battle, especially because they can infect the other characters and make them sick too.  On the upside, how quickly a character becomes "tired" is based on two factors: number of battles fought, and the level of the character.  So the more that you grind, the longer you will be able to stay in the tower without becoming tired.  Convenient, eh?

Also, will the game keep going on at the end, as in I have an infinite number of days, or do I have a finite number of days like Pikmin?

It's definitely finite.  If you're on the path to the Good Ending, the game will throw you into the final battle on January 31, 2010, and there's nothin' you can do about it.  So, if you're interested in conquering the super-strong "optional boss" on the first playthrough, it takes extremely careful management of your character levels and commus throughout the course of the game.  Otherwise, beating her is best reserved for a second (or third, perhaps?) playthrough.

perfect_scrotum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »

Quote from: Eusis
Starting the topic since it'll be out this week, and I've got it ordered from Amazon.

quote]
cancel your order. EB games has free two day shipping

also I've really been looking forward to this. Thank god the PS2 is still putting out good RPGs. I can hold off on upgrading to the PS3 when games like Persona 3 and Growlanser V are on deck

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

So after reading all three reviews (long time no see, Shiggy!) I am EXTREMELY stoked for this. I havent been investing in video games over the past year or so (last rpg I purchased was FFXII) and I've been craving something I know I'm gonna like.

So thanks dudes for taking me from only knowing it was coming out and that it was a Persona game....to carving this like I crave a drink.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »

You guys have to wait a bit longer.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1246.html

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 04:12:58 PM »

Quote from: "perfect_scrotum"
cancel your order. EB games has free two day shipping

Maybe if Amazon also didn't have a light sale, but as is I'm saving at least 5 dollars, without worrying about taxes/free shipping, and I'm in no rush to play it right away. Plus I'm not too fond of GameStop as of late. I'll just get stuff I can't get elsewhere like Bioshock there or if I see them carrying an awesome deal.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
You guys have to wait a bit longer.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1246.html

Why do you do this to me, Atlus?! "The binding isn't as good as it could be so-you'll have to wait a bit longer." I've waited long enough already.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »

I like not having my pages fall out, thanks.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"

So thanks dudes for taking me from only knowing it was coming out and that it was a Persona game....to carving this like I crave a drink.

Looks like you've already had a few to me. :P

I didn't realize this game had a time limit.  That does bump my excitement down a bit due to my dislike of anything timed, but I think the other shit will outweigh this little quibble.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 04:26:01 PM »

Ooof on the delays. I did think Atlus did the right thing as they want to provide the artbook to the fans and so they want to make sure the fans get it. Kudos to them.

Of course, its tough for me to say it because I managed to play it since last month. I felt real impatient on games that was getting close to being be released, but has a delay close to shipping. Fortunately, it does seem like it won't be months until Persona 3 comes here.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »

I just wish I knew how long. Probably a week or two. I get a chance to get through more of FFXII beforehand, maybe even beat it! Yay!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: