Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 04:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327204 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 69224 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:07 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
Persona 3's system is essentially press-turn :|

But with unlimited free turns when you point out a weakness, which I sort of dislike. It has it's up and downs.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: June 27, 2008, 11:48:33 PM »

I like the battle system a lot, actually. It's not as great as the press-turn system and so far the game's been pretty easy. Then again, I've only gotten to the 14th floor or so of Tartarus, but I'm waiting for the difficulty I had to deal with in Nocturne and DDS.

I love this game, even if the female vocals sound like standard, half-breathy, faux-sultry American pop singers. Meaning they suck. As does the rapping. Come the fuck on. Does that really sound good to people in Japan? Really?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2008, 01:19:45 AM »

Quote from: "Merkava"
I love this game, even if the female vocals sound like standard, half-breathy, faux-sultry American pop singers. Meaning they suck. As does the rapping. Come the fuck on. Does that really sound good to people in Japan? Really?

I rill...

BURN MY DREAD!!

"hey, what's up, I am the MC...yeah..."

BURN MY DREAD!!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2008, 01:26:29 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"

I rill...

BURN MY DREAD!!

BURN MY DREAD!!

Man am I lost... I will *assume* that is some of the lyrics to one of the songs in this game, but I don't remember a song like that.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2008, 01:31:08 AM »

Quote from: "Blace"
Quote from: "Ramza"

I rill...

BURN MY DREAD!!

BURN MY DREAD!!

Man am I lost... I will *assume* that is some of the lyrics to one of the songs in this game, but I don't remember a song like that.

Here's a hint :  you heard the song like 500 fucking times.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2008, 02:10:09 AM »

I love the P3 music, but I'm probably one of the few people on here that listens to Japanese music anyways.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2008, 02:42:03 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I love the P3 music, but I'm probably one of the few people on here that listens to Japanese music anyways.

You're not the only one. P3 albums dominated my MP3 player for five or six months.

SMT3's OST is superior though.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »

BURN MY DREAD, MUTHA FUCKAH!

Now, if they'd put that part into the song, THEN you could argue they were too much trying to be American.

Quote from: "Raziel"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

You're not the only one. P3 albums dominated my MP3 player for five or six months.

SMT3's OST is superior though.

I wanted to like SMT3's OST, but I really couldn't get into it, since I've never played the game.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2008, 04:04:49 PM »

I liked it, but I'm not a fan of metal, which is mostly what i heard from the few hours I played of Nocturne.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »

SMT3's music wasn't really metal. More industrial.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »

I sang the lyrics to Burn My Dread at work, consequently revealing just how much of a dork I am.  It also made my fellow workers somewhat concerned because they thought I wrote them for, uh, some reason.  I think I liked them more for the Engrish than for the song itself though.  Which is kind of odd because the few P3 songs I liked didn't have any lyrics. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »

I don't remember Burn My Dread. All I remember is

"I never felt like...dada da da daaa....I never felt like *gibberish*"

Gay.

I honestly love the actual music. The battle theme is fun and the music that plays during the train sequence has some brilliant industrial elements to it before the rapping comes in and ruins it.

Anyway, I'm getting more and more into the game now, especially after I got to the second block of Tartarus which ups the difficulty a bit. I got wiped out for the first time, which sucked since I got to at least floor 23 and managed to swipe this funky bikini armor from a rare gold chest. Does that mean I won't find it on the same floor when I get back up there? This makes me very sad.
Act00

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: June 29, 2008, 12:57:43 AM »

I like the soundtrack too, but I have too admit, the main battle is not my favorite (except the Reincarnation version). The Boss Battle themes and the one's from DDS1-2 and Devil Summoner are better this. Well at least P4 will have better one, even it's sounds like bit off, for being a main battle theme.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »

I found this was one of the few pieces of battle music that I could still listen to after hearing it 500-1000 times. I still got a bit sick of it but it wasn't ear gougingly annoying like other pieces get after hearing them so many times.

I did like the fact that you can change the music in the tower later on in the game, if you're so inclined.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: July 01, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »

Some dialogues are just insane. Yuko is fantastic.

Code:
You know when you finish the game and have 2 days to just walk around and talk to people? If you maxed yuko she eventually says: "I'd charm your pants off". And yukari talks about spending a night with MC outside of the dorm. "You think anyone would notice?" These girls rule :-)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: