Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 68208 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

Anyone that likes this game a whole lot should email Atlus and let them know. That way, we can be a step closer for a possible FES translation later on down the road.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »

Gladly. Someone who's more in the know should fish up the proper contact stuff.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2007, 02:03:45 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
Gladly. Someone who's more in the know should fish up the proper contact stuff.

I've emailed Atlus plenty of times.

http://atlus.com/contactus.php

Just select the recipient as public relations.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »

When i realized just how much of the game i had been missing, i restarted the game. To my memory this is the first time i have ever done this on a console game. :(

My new strategy is to spend as little time as possible in Tartarus and focus almost entirely on developing my character's social skills. As another poster stated, the night before the full moon "trick", if you could call it that, is a godsend.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »

Quote from: "Jylan"
When i realized just how much of the game i had been missing, i restarted the game. To my memory this is the first time i have ever done this on a console game. :(

My new strategy is to spend as little time as possible in Tartarus and focus almost entirely on developing my character's social skills. As another poster stated, the night before the full moon "trick", if you could call it that, is a godsend.

What trick is this?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

What trick is this?

Quote from: "superflat"
Fun fact: you don't get tired on the day before the full moon. That's been very helpful for me; I took full advantage of that and grinded my characters up to 8 (first full moon) and produced some bitchin' personas. I didn't really get how useful the whole social link thing was until I the Jack Frost I created at level 8 jumped immediately to level 10.

Now I've got one more fusion I want to do before I proceed. I'm going to be making a Lillim from a Forneus and an Angel. The Lillim has the default skills of Marin Karin, Agi, and Zio. The persona I am fusing can give it two of either Bufu, Garu, and Tarukaja (or something like that, I think it boosts attack). Which two of those three skills should I have on the Lillim? Also, I don't have the Devil Commu yet, but it would take a while to get to a worth while level.

That's kind of cheap; it's like, here I am building levels and getting tired like a sucker, when there are times when it's inexplicably easier. Kind of throws out the entire fatigue system, if you ask me; it's realistic, but inconveniencing mechanically-speaking.
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2007, 06:55:55 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

What trick is this?

You wont get fatigued the night before the full moon, you can grind xp/$$ to your hearts content.

Quote from: "Bernhardt"
That's kind of cheap; it's like, here I am building levels and getting tired like a sucker, when there are times when it's inexplicably easier. Kind of throws out the entire fatigue system, if you ask me; it's realistic, but inconveniencing mechanically-speaking.

I don't really consider it to be cheap per say. Leveling up your character does not give you a huge advantage in combat by itself. Since it happens before the beginning of every full moon i imagine it was put there intentionally because...

Slight Spoiler i guess, just to be safe.
Code:
It is put in place in case you are not prepared for the boss battle which occurs every full moon.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2007, 07:36:27 PM »

Doesn't levelling up only increase MP and HP, which are basically totally useless if you have suck personas? I see the main advantage being for those requests you get that expect you to be in the dungeon for awhile.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »

Code:
It is put in place in case you are not prepared for the boss battle which occurs every full moon.

That and it would be rather hard to do the plot events while you're tired.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »

Hrm. Is there gonna be another shipment?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Analogous

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2007, 07:16:02 AM »

I've just found an article that is relative to Persona 3 and thought I'd give you guys the link http://www.destructoid.com/building-a-better-rpg-how-persona-3-will-save-us-all-36353.phtml it's quite an interesting read.

I'll be honest, I've never really been interested in Atlus RPGs (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona etc) but I must say, after reading that article, I will deffinately check out Persona 3.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2007, 10:21:30 PM »

I am on track to actually beat this game. That is so rare for me these days.

The rap is really starting to irritate me. But then again, I don't think I've ever heard rap done well in a video game.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2007, 11:52:03 PM »

The rap sure as hell beats that stupid buttrock boss music for Blue Dragon. My god, that's the worst thing ever.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »

The beautiful thing about Persona 3 is that all the voice acted parts are together, so you can just listen to your own music for the rest of the time.  I have nothing against the music, it fits well, but I'm just tired of hearing the same damn songs over and over again.

Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2007, 01:56:29 AM »

I've played about an hour of it so far-- but I'm going to wait for the guide before I really play the game.

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
The rap is really starting to irritate me. But then again, I don't think I've ever heard rap done well in a video game.

Yeah, the pseudo-rap drives me up the fucking wall. I've listened to the full OST, there are  some good tracks here and there, but it's pretty mediocre overall.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: