Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331922 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 69961 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2007, 11:17:34 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Quote from: "Dice"
Good point on the ending... anybody wanna make a sentance or two summary of FES though??  Seeing as how I'll likely never play it, I'd apprecaite it.. =/

Read my import review.

Ooo, thanks, it is very helpful. I hoped for ending spoilers too though, I meant.  

A shame we didn't get it... but at the moment, I dun wanna go on another Tartarus-esque expedition. x_X

I liked Persona 3 (so a P4 so soon seemed likely).  But Lord knows I wanted to murder th Tarttarus on its last few floors worth (which was like...4 times longer than the usual blocks)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Good point on the ending... anybody wanna make a sentance or two summary of FES though??  Seeing as how I'll likely never play it, I'd apprecaite it.. =/

Read my import review.

Ooo, thanks, it is very helpful. I hoped for ending spoilers too though, I meant.  

A shame we didn't get it... but at the moment, I dun wanna go on another Tartarus-esque expedition. x_X

I liked Persona 3 (so a P4 so soon seemed likely).  But Lord knows I wanted to murder th Tarttarus on its last few floors worth (which was like...4 times longer than the usual blocks)

I have not played the game myself, but this is what I deciphered from web browsing.

PS3 and FES Spoilers galore

Code:
The dorm that SEES lives in becomes a time portal of sorts, and the crew is able to travel back in time to the Final Battle with Nyx.

Everyone was led to believe that the Hero gave his life to create a seal preventing Nyx from reaching humanity in the final battle of P3. It is then revealed Nyx never needed to be sealed at all. The hero created this barrier to prevent the evil in humanity from reaching Nyx and causing  The Fall.

This evil manifests itself as the Final Boss of Fes. Once defeated the party realizes that the seal must stay or The Fall will occur. They sadly return to their own time, and the game ends.

It is implied heavily that the seal will only serve as a temporary barrier, hinting at another sequel. Since a new Persona game is in development, here is to hoping a better conclusion might be reached in this storyline.

If anyone who actually has played the game can correct any mistakes i made here, please do. :)

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2007, 08:59:47 AM »

Man, I'm pretty bummed that FES isn't going to come out here after finishing the game, though I happened to like the endings.  On the subject of endings though...

Code:
Don't forget that the bad ending may seem nicer, but shortly after it ends everyone's going to be brutally slaughtered in The Fall.  I was somewhat surprised it wasn't shown at all. :P

But yeah, this was an awesome game.  Too bad it had to end, though the whole Tartarus thing did get old.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Sennin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2007, 09:07:37 PM »

Hello all, this is my first post here. I signed up to help spread the word about Persona 3 Fes petition. For those who really want Fes to make it stateside, please help spread the word of such a petition and spend a few minutes signing it.

Persona 3 Fes petition

Now 2 recent cases of successful petitions for games give us hope. Resident Evil psp was approved by Capcom and Bioshock Collector's Edition are solid proofs that petitiononline may work. Please do your part in persuading Atlus USA to localize Fes!

Admins of rpgfan, I hope this post is a reasonable request and will not be construed as spam. I love Persona 3 personally and really would like to see Fes in English. :)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »

I've never heard of this RE PSP and that could've been planned anyway, and the Bioshock LE one had the company itself saying they'd do it if met X number of signatures. Atlus knows their audience, if Fez doesn't come out it's either because it's deemed too late in the PS2's life or it simply wasn't going to do well enough. If P3's reception isn't going to convince them to release it, nothing will.

There's also technically SCEA's approval system that could get in the way, but it SEEMS they care less than they did years ago since the PS2's on it's way out.
Sennin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2007, 09:47:33 PM »

Bioshock CE: I'd refer you to a post made by Jackstar_rock@ gamefaqs:

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/articles.html

Check out the article on March 28 2007...and then see this:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?bioshock

I've had quite a few people ask me if there will be a BioShock collector's edition. Then, today, an enterprising fan made a petition asking 2K to make one. So I talked with some people who were older and wiser than me, and pled the case of the fans. And if we get 5000 signatures on this petition, I have gotten word that they'll make a limited edition of BioShock.

So what do you say? Think we can do it? Think we can get 5000 signatures?

I think we can.

This is taken off cultofrapture, and most (all?) articles are made by Elizabeth. It is actually fans who corresponded with her that led to 2k offering a deal to the community: 5000 signatures and we will print the CE.

Next, Resident Evil psp.

Resident Evil psp

This made news all over gaming sites like pspfanboy and a few others. Just google it.  Now while RE psp is not yet confirmed, it has gathered close to 30 000 signatures and a Capcom representative has allegedly said if 10 000 signatures are collected, talks about development and publication can begin. I'm not entirely sure about the latest development as well.

What I am sure of is Bioshock's CE petition succeeded. It is true that all 3 gaming petitions - Fes, Bioshock CE and Resident Evil psp are separate companies and different incidents. What I am equally sure of as well is that if we do nothing, we are sending the final nail in FES' cause. It takes only a few moments of your time and has zero costs. Do consider signing the petition online if you are a dedicated fan of Persona 3.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2007, 08:21:36 AM »

Okay champ, I let the first petition slide because I was feeling uncharacteristically generous.  That doesn't give you leave to derail the thread with fucking Bioshock petitions.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

I've been thinking of picking this game up, but with work and classes I don't have much time to play. Is this a game I'd be able to play in small chunks, or would that take forever?

[/url]
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2007, 12:16:02 PM »

Small chunks are okay.  If you only have, say, 30 minutes of free time, you could go to school for a few days, work on your social links, then save.  Set aside an hour (or more, if you like grinding) to explore Tartarus, though, and keep in mind that it's a looooong game.  My first playthrough broke the 90 hour mark (with all characters @ Level 99, however).

Sennin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2007, 12:39:57 PM »

My intention, if it came out otherwise - I'd apologize, was never to derail the thread. It has always been to encourage Persona 3 players to sign the petition for Fes. Detractors will be tempted to enact torpor, for the common perception of onlinepetitions is that "they never work" and/or "no one listens". Bioshock's petitioning is already over and the CEs have long gone into production and seen shelf lives. It is a success story meant to show fans' demands can be fulfilled.

I was using its triumph in getting 2kgames to listen to their fans in my making my pleas for P3FES' localization. Now I'm not going to sugarcoat it, chances of Fes seeing US shores are slim. If we (Persona 3 fans) cannot convince Atlus there are profits, it will never see light of day. However, if we can gather about 13 000 signatures, there is a chance - no matter how small -, Atlus might listen.

As for Persona 3's length, it is due to several loading times that make it long. It is viable to play it in short bursts of 1~2 hours as the game is divided in to 2 main sections. The social sim aspect is played out on a day by day basis from April > January. During this phase, players can save in the evening, which is probably a 1~10 minute time span per day.  

During dungeon crawling, every 5~15 floors there will be a warp point to the dungeon's base, where a save point is located. Item and spell are also available as quick escape to base. So if you are in a hurry (say your ex called :D), you can easily save your game within 10 minutes of preparation max.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »

Egh- 90 hours? I keep hearing really good things about P3, but I know I won't be able to focus on it for that long.

Ah, well. Maybe I'll get it over winter break or something.

[/url]
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2007, 11:36:53 PM »

~80-90 hours if you want to grind in the bonus dungeon, max out all characters' levels, and collect the ultimate weapons/armor.  Simply beating the final boss can be done in... ~50-60 hours?

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2007, 08:12:31 AM »

Yeah, you'd have to be majorly obsessed to clock in 90 hours. :P  It took me somewhere around the 62 hour mark, and that was with a level grinding session right at the very end.  Of course, I tend to play faster than most, but Persona 3 isn't really built in a way suitable for blazing through.

Crown Clown

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »

I think it took me about 120 hours to finish my first run through. Don't ask me what the hell I was doing, but somehow the hours just kept adding up.

I will find you. Without fail.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »

yeah i'm toward the end of october and i'm around 60 hours, which made me realize i *must* be going to the tartarus too much.  i thought if i didn't go every other day or so i'd be screwed when it came to the bosses, but seeing from this thread i've realized it's not necessary to go as much as i have been going.  it was starting to ruin the game for me because i was getting so sick of the tartarus lol.  Hopefully, I'll finish the game much quicker because now I'm at the point where I just want to get to the conclusion.  Playing P3 and Suikoden V at the same time really wasn't the best idea since both games take a lot of time to finish and by the 50 hour mark of games I'm always at the point where I'm just itching to finish them. haha

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: