Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:01:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335235 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 70434 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2007, 12:46:32 AM »

It's a lot like real life, with highschool. You make all these great friends, build them up slowly -- maybe people you've known forever, really. New people. Whatever. People from your town. You don't necessarily LIKE them but you get to know them, consider some friends, some more than others.

Then you go to college, never see them again, and don't give a shit.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2008, 12:21:59 AM »

I have a question. There used to be an item at the pharmacy for restoring SP. It's not there anymore. Any ideas where to get some?
Oh yeah. Started yesterday, finished exams now.
Love it!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: January 17, 2008, 06:12:59 AM »

You mainly get SP restoring items from finding them. I've never used one yet, as I always just go back to the first floor and that automatically refills the HP and SP bar of the party members.

Another store will open in the summer, I'm pretty sure, where you exchange jewels/stones(like topaz, emerald, etc.) for items, and there are a couple SP-restoring items.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
You mainly get SP restoring items from finding them. I've never used one yet, as I always just go back to the first floor and that automatically refills the HP and SP bar of the party members.

Another store will open in the summer, I'm pretty sure, where you exchange jewels/stones(like topaz, emerald, etc.) for items, and there are a couple SP-restoring items.

I never bothered with that store except to
Code:
Complete the quest for Elizabeth. The persona stat increasing items seemed to be completely cheap. I laughed at the final boss and the repeaer with no issues at all.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2008, 12:25:08 PM »

I just don't know whether I'm supposed to be clearing every floor or rushing to the top.

And with the points where you can go back and forth between the first floor and the most current tower level getting sparser and sparser (first it was every five floors - now it's every twenty!) I feel like I'm either:

a) rushing through, not levelling up and barely exploring - which I kind of thought was the purpose of the game

b) going up a couple of levels, fighting all the monsters, running out of SP, going back downstairs to refresh my stats, and starting all over again at the same floor I started at before. Which feels like I'm wasting time and retreading old ground because I'm doing the same floors over again.

And I don't know which is the right way of going about things.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »

Well, sometimes you can find rare treasures, but aside from the top floors, these rare items will probably be outdated once better equipment comes along.

There isn't really much to explore. That's one of this games biggest flaws. Once you get to the top, there isn't much to do aside from the SLinks which can get monotenous.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2008, 05:11:42 PM »

Lard, do letter A first, in my opinion. Just rush up 12-15 floors, and get activate the teleporter/transporter that links you to the first floor.

EX: Say you're on floor 135, and that's highest level you can transport to. What I'm saying is get up to floor 146 as fast as possible, without retreating back to the first floor. Then activate the transporter on floor 146, take it back to the 1st floor and replenish the HP and SP bars. Now, you can either start back from 135 and level up, or go back to 146 and try fighting the boss on that floor.

Really, once you get to a certain point in the game, you can fly through 25 or so floors in one night without fatiguing your characters, but then that leaves you a whole month with nothing new to explore.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »

So, uhh...how many floors Tartarus have, now?
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »

Yeah, I totally agree with dalucifer. If you can manage to beat a boss by rushing through the floors below it, then that's a pretty good indicator that you're doing fine on leveling up and whatnot. If you need to train, then do it, but know you will always be able to instantly warp back up to the boss room once you're good and ready.

Really, once you get to a certain point in the game, you can fly through 25 or so floors in one night without fatiguing your characters, but then that leaves you a whole month with nothing new to explore.

Don't you think that's a good thing? As much as I love the battle system, the stuff that takes place outside of the Tartarus is plent more exciting than dungeon exploration. I'd rather explore the personalities of the NPCs than the Tartarus, you know? :P

@Bernhardt - 262, not counting the tippy top where the final boss resides. It's freakin' massive...
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »

I'll give it a whirl, thanks for the advice.

Does a new part of Tartarus only open up every month or does it just depend on how far you've gotten in the tower?

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

Every month typically.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

I never bothered with that store except to
Code:
Complete the quest for Elizabeth. The persona stat increasing items seemed to be completely cheap. I laughed at the final boss and the repeaer with no issues at all.

Code:
I agree, but it was nice to build up specific persona later in the game if you liked them without them being too gimped.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Deathofme

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2008, 08:58:22 PM »

I don't really have anything to add except I really love this game. But it's pretty long. That's ok in a way, since the game rocks. I just wish the music in Tartarus would have been more varied, it's basically always the same track slightly remixed. Also, thank god for Virtue! A good persona for getting rid of instant game overs. About that, I hate that Yukari or whoever with Recarm automatically revives a death character, except you!! Ugh >_<

quezillacolt45.we.bs
+_+_+_+_+_+_+
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2008, 11:03:19 AM »

Instant deaths were mostly never an issue, I had plenty of homunculi.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »

I would have to say that this is the easiest game of all the SMT games released for PS2, in terms of bosses and not dying one shot deaths.

I'm only in July in Persona 3 though, so maybe it gets harder.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: