Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338746 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 70606 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: February 09, 2008, 03:29:30 PM »

Watching movies is the best way to raise charm and courage, but the movies are a monthly schedule, so one month movies to raise charm will be playing and the next month movies to raise courage will be playing. It's 1500 per ticket, and by mid-game, that's nothing.

Charm is easy to gather by answering the questions correctly too, and if you really need to answer every single one right, consult a faq.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2008, 03:50:36 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Watching movies is the best way to raise charm and courage, but the movies are a monthly schedule, so one month movies to raise charm will be playing and the next month movies to raise courage will be playing. It's 1500 per ticket, and by mid-game, that's nothing.

And, aren't movies only available after school?

I swear, what's this B.S. that the movies aren't open in the evening?! It's like, when the hell else would you want to watch a movie, other than in the evening?!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »

If those sim aspects of Persona 3 were more 'realistic' then it'd be like Shen Mue which was hours and hours of hurry-up-and-wait.  Realism does not always equate to fun.  

Is it honestly so hard to accept a fantasy game world for what it is?  I don't hear complaints about RPGs where you can cast an all powerful meteor spell yet still have to find a key to open a door; or where you can survive a hit from an all powerful meteor spell yet be perma-killed by a stabbing.  So why should the idiosyncrasies of Persona 3's world be any different?  Even sim games and love adventures, though utilizing modern/realistic settings, are far removed from reality, like movies are.  It's a fantasy version of what people wish life could be.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

Movies actually aren't really the best method to raise your attributes.  They take up valuable Social Link time and there are other, better methods that do not.  Although you do need to visit both movies atleast once in order to complete a flawless playthrough and max all Social Links I believe.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: February 10, 2008, 10:43:17 PM »

Realism does not always equate to fun.

Millions of CounterStrike-esque mods for Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament.

All suck.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2008, 06:51:13 AM »

I have to say the only thing that I really don't like about the game is that I have to manually go from person to person to check their status and equipment.
It's a fucking pain in the ass.

My PS2 is dying....it keeps freezing after about half an hour of play time. Fucking figures that it would do it right after I arrive here. Hopefully I can find a place to get the laser replaced or get a new one and get it chipped so it will play NA games. It seems I'm destined to never finish this game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
I have to say the only thing that I really don't like about the game is that I have to manually go from person to person to check their status and equipment.
It's a fucking pain in the ass.

My PS2 is dying....it keeps freezing after about half an hour of play time. Fucking figures that it would do it right after I arrive here. Hopefully I can find a place to get the laser replaced or get a new one and get it chipped so it will play NA games. It seems I'm destined to never finish this game.

I believe when you're in the store shopping you can cycle through the equipment of everyone.

Aside from that though, you're right, it's annoying.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »

At this point, I'm pretty much surmising that The Dark Hour is actually a look into the future of Judgement Day.

Either that, or it's some super science-y shit on the part of the Kirijo Group, and Mitsuru's gonna be like, "What, my family had something to do with this?!" or she already knows what's going on, and she's been trying to stop them all along. Or maybe someone took that particular project out from under Kirijo, and some other lunatic's heading the show now.

I always wondered why Mitsuru was the leader of the group, or how she got Ikutsuki to buy into the whole SEES thing; I can only imagine that Ikutsuki also used to work for Kirijo. Otherwise, I can't imagine why he'd be hanging around a bunch of kids, when he can't even use Persona.
Riverking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »

There is a new banner on the front page of the Atlus USA site.  It is exactly like an image found in the intro to P3 (around the 54 second mark).  I am guessing that FES will be announced when the counter reaches zero.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2008, 02:34:32 PM »

Only one more week until we find out. >.> Hopefully is they do announce it, it'll be released this year.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: February 18, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

Quote from: "Riverking"
There is a new banner on the front page of the Atlus USA site.  It is exactly like an image found in the intro to P3 (around the 54 second mark).  I am guessing that FES will be announced when the counter reaches zero.

About time it's being officially announced - hopefully it's out ASAP, don't have another game I'm looking forward to as much.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »

If this game is released before I go to Japan, I'll be quite happy.

Otherwise I'll have to agonize over how to buy it on release so that there will be a copy available for me when I get home.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2008, 10:19:39 PM »

Wow....For a small company, Atlus sure cozy's in this plan.  I wonder if this was always the plan or sales were just better than anticipated...?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: February 21, 2008, 03:34:34 PM »

I hope it's FES.  I always said I would not buy this title.. but after listening to the OST I am slowly changing my mind.  Since I read through the main points of the plot already, I still am considering buying it to support it and play it a little bit here and there.

After all, the staff here who do import had it ranked higher than P3 in their yearly rankings on RPGFan this year.. so that has to mean something.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: February 21, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »

But when they ranked FES number one, they meant the whole package, with a revisioned 'Episode Yourself,' not just 'Episode Aigis (Aegis)' by itself. I'm personally hoping it's Episode Aigis and make it $30 or something.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: