Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 05:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341083 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Do you "blog"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Do you "blog"?  (Read 2523 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:26:40 PM »

I'm just curious as to whether anyone here actually does a live diary or blogs or anything of the like.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »

Naw... Blogs are usually a complete waste of time unless you're big enough to get other people talking with you in them. Forums are a lot more interesting, because they spark discussion. Blogging always struck me as the internet equivelent of "screaming in the dark."

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
I'm just curious as to whether anyone here actually does a live diary or blogs or anything of the like.

I blog, but it's definitely not daily and usually isn't remotely diary-like.

The link's in my sig. It's just a few posted links/vids, really.

[/url]
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »

I keep a livejournal.  I use it mostly to just write about life questions that I ponder about.  I don't write in it very often.  Lately my entries have been crap, but most of my earlier ones tackled my viewpoints on various life issues/conundrums.  

http://dincrest.livejournal.com

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 03:33:37 PM »

I used to, but I haven't updated in around a year. Mine is an msn blog, from the time when everyone I knew had one. By the time I had got one though, nobody was actually bothered about them anymore, so it was rather pointless. And plus all of 2 people ever read it anyway.

Now everyone has a Myspace, and I'm never getting one of those. They just sound like a waste of time.

Yes, I'm a teenager.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »

I think the personal MySpace is a waste, but if you're in a band or involved in musical projects, you'd be an idiot not to have one.  The past couple of bands and musical projects I've been involved in have MySpaces.  MySpace is an excellent promotional tool for musicians and one of the easiest ways to put your music on the internet.  Many club owners and concert promoters ask local bands if they have a MySpace so they can listen to the music.

And since I'm in charge of the Godzilla Vs. The Smurfs myspace, I blog on that occasionally.  http://www.myspace.com/godzillasmurfs

I blogged quite a bit on the Sullen Door MySpace http://www.myspace.com/sullendoor when I was part of that band.  Hey, where else can you see me call myself an all-purpose attention whore.  Oh wait a minute, I sometimes do that here.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »

I think blogs are extremely important. I think most of them are completely useless and self-serving. I think the ones that are useful are almost all completely self-serving. As for me and my family, we shall serve the Lord (minus the serving the Lord part).

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 07:49:44 PM »

Yes. Like a freakin' madman.

See signature for details.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »

I don't currently, but I'm going to be part of an exchange program to the Netherlands through my school and part of the class work is to maintain a blog to keep in contact and work with the other students.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 11:57:56 PM »

Not really, but I do follow some blogs.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 12:26:16 AM »

I have a MySpace. It lists some books, music and movies I like. It keeps me in touch with other musicians in the area. For instance, the band I'm in currently wouldn't exist without it.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 12:47:56 AM »

I did for a while (not MySpace, but a couple relatively unpopular sites), but it got to the point where it seemed like a complete waste of time.  And frankly, with all the weirdos running around blog sites (on the local news I think I saw like the third story on the MySpace sexual predators.  Seriously, the people in my city know about that by now -_-), I can't say I'm planning to jump back on that ship any time soon.  For the people who've had nothing but positive experiences with blogs, good for them.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 12:51:44 AM »

I don't do the whole personal blog thing, really.  I have a livejournal, but it's had like 4 posts over the past six months, all about the hockey playoffs.

Most of my writing is p/reviews for this site.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 01:11:09 AM »

i dont do blogs but i like to check out developer blogs for games i'm interested in.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 03:46:12 AM »

Yes.

I have a Livejournal blog for things going on in my personal life, though I don't update it as often as I should. It's a good way to keep in touch with some friends who I haven't had time to talk to (IM or message board) lately. Most of the journal's entries are restricted.

I also have another blog on blogspot, which is where I just ramble about books, movies and other stuff. I use the account to comment on other blogs that I follow. The link is: http://illiterateblogger.blogspot.com.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: