Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341272 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #666
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #666  (Read 56505 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 02:09:10 AM »

Somehow I enjoyed the game a lot more than when I played it prior. Nevertheless, didn't like it enough to go buy it or anything.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 02:23:21 AM »

Been playing SO3 and I haven't been liking it so far. It's far too easy to die in this game...and I'm not the type of person willing to redo so much crap...
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 01:45:25 PM »

I'm almost done - I've been playing it off and on.

I now why understand why people hate Xenosaga 2.

Started off well but holy shit did it go downhill on the second disc.

I've been distracted by FF 7 - which I never finished because I found it boring and got distracted by Suikoden.

I finally decided to give it a go after maintaining that it was overrated for years and years.

So far, better than I remember.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Been playing SO3 and I haven't been liking it so far. It's far too easy to die in this game...and I'm not the type of person willing to redo so much crap...

Then you're probably not going to like it. It's really fucking difficult, to the point where you want to throw your PS2 out the window (I almost did). The game starts difficult and unfair, and gets worse. I can't believe I put as much time into that POS as I did. Took me 60 hours to realize that I wasn't enjoying it, and stopped playing it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »

Sorry, double post, but different topic, entirely:

Just finished Phoenix Wright. Wow, the final cases (which was added later, from what I've heard), was fucking amazing. It's too bad that Ema, and the gameplay elements attatched to here don't come back into the series until the fourth installment, which may or may not come to the US at all.

I just started Justice for All, so I could play it on my trip. I'm psyched. What a great series. There are a lot of holes in the legal aspect of the games (3 day trials, no jury, prosecuters who switch sides in the middle), but it's still a lot of fun, and very mentally taxing.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Zebulun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 03:53:16 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"

Also five starred every song on GHII's medium career. Moving on to expert now, having trouble with Woman.

Same as me. However my GHII disk is experiencing "technical difficulties" and whenever I try that particular song the game freezes and takes me back to the Xbox Dashboard. Which is terrible since you have to beat all 5 tracks of a set before you can move on whilst playing on hard. :(

Same thing also happens when I try to play bonus songs.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 04:41:13 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
the fourth installment, which may or may not come to the US at all.

Christ... Actually, it's a fair enough game to assume might not arrive. This isn't a new FF game or something where SE would have to immediately go bankrupt to not release. Nevertheless, Capcom released both sequels on the DS primarily so they could sell them in the US, and, uhhh, while this is in Europe take a look at the poster in the second picture. Yeah, we're getting it, the question is when.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »

I'm all over the place lately. I play a game for a few days and move onto something else.  Anyway, I picked up Vagrant Story the other day and started playing again.  I've always liked the game but every time i reach "SnowFly Forest" I start to fall apart.  I really need to sit down and figure out how to make some really good weapons and armour, I think.

Too bad they never made a sequel for this one. I'd sure as hell pick it up.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 07:22:50 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

Then you're probably not going to like it. It's really fucking difficult, to the point where you want to throw your PS2 out the window (I almost did). The game starts difficult and unfair, and gets worse. I can't believe I put as much time into that POS as I did. Took me 60 hours to realize that I wasn't enjoying it, and stopped playing it.

Well, I did just play TotA, which is probably one of the easiest RPGs I've played, or completing ToS 3 times helped me be good at TotA right away or something. Never had to level-grind in TotA, but I guess SO3's obviously different.

Plus, now I'm finally getting the hang of the system, though I really hate the Fury gauge.

Anyways, played more SO3 earlier. Got to some town called Arias or something like that.
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 10:07:57 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Stuff about Apollo Justice

Jesus... so much finger pointing! My eyes!

Seriously, I'll probably love the game (hurry for the return of Ema!) but with a name like "Ace Attourney: Apollo Justice" it's gonna be a miricle if it sells much in the states. Thanks for pointing out that it's coming, btw. I seem to remember something like that, but I had forgotten. Good to know.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 10:11:23 PM »

Ace Attorney's established. I don't think the name will dramatically change sales. I HAVE seen one person say he won't get it because of that name being an indicator of the rest of the localization, though.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 11:49:56 PM »

I got Super Mario Strikers Charged today and mostly messedf with online after going through the tutorial. I am a bit surprised that I fared well online with my current record being 9W-6L, but I bet it will be flooded with new players tomorrow. I just managed to get mine on shipping day in Nintendo World (a Nintendo store in NYC). It definitely improved from strikers for the cube.

For others getting it, I'll post my friend code for now until the friend code thread resurfaces (It's due for another bumping!)

4831-9328-2799

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »

GH: Stuck on Carry On Wayward Son on expert, but only tried a couple times.

Got Band of Bugs on XBLA. It's fun. Not great, but not bad. It's one of those games where it seems like you get critically hit at the worst possible times, but the frustration is nowhere near Prince of Persia Classic levels for me.

[/url]
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 09:16:41 PM »

I seriously can't stick with a game these days.  Right now I'm giving Arcanum another shot.  I like the game, but again, I've never really stuck with it for a long period of time.

I don't even know why I bothered posting.  I'll be on something else tomorrow, that's for certain. :P

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:22 AM »

I took a brief hiatus from FFXI-addiction to beat ... FFXII.

That game was so ridiculously large in scope, but the plot arc fell short IMO. And the ending was also WAY too short for everything they had built up.

Code:
Okay, so I dealt with Vayne. What about Venat and the Occuria and all that weird ethereal supernatural bullshit?

The game took me about 60 hours to beat, and it was pretty minimal play ... I only picked up one optional Esper, didn't have any super-end-game gear, etc. It actually made the final boss challenging, which was refreshing. The gameplay was really addictive, and I honestly wouldn't mind more games in that vein of play. Just ... more story prz. kthx.

Ramza

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: